Hardcore Sledder banner

Will Cat Deliver There 2022 Sleds?

97K views 650 replies 94 participants last post by  Greg B. 
#1 ·
With the Poo and Doo guys getting letters indicating there sleds will be delayed mid December/ January will Cat deliver on there spring ordered sleds?

Maybe with Cat having no BIG changes for the last few years will be an advantage to be riding a 2022 sled when the other guys will be sitting at home.

#2 ·
I would assume they will. They probably didn't have that many to build compared to Poo and Doo.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: TurboJamie
#3 ·
Buddy just got his new Doo last week. Said of the 20 that were delivered, only 8 were complete. Not sure what they were waiting for though.

#4 ·
They’ve already built 48 models so far. If you go here:
then click on Arctic cat, then snowmobile then 2022 you’ll see a list of all the sleds that have been built thus far.
they don’t get it on that list until AC builds them. No Thundercat yet.They’re always the last to get built.

#11 ·
Didn't you see the all new 60th Anniversary Special Edition sled?? Neither did I...
Did you see that new Cat chassis? Neither did I.....
How about that new Cat 850 Turbo? Ummmm.....
Well....at least they have the Blast in 25 different configurations in primer gray.....

#12 ·
That's too bad. Just a few short years ago AC was big. And had a strong following. Really it's kinda sad to see them drop down in numbers. Now the last machine I like was the ZR..good sled. I thought Yami would reinvigorate the brand.

And of my friends that road Cat boy they were team green through and through.

I'll add the T cat to that short list. Fast.

#13 ·
Some sleds have arrived and the T Cats are to be coming very soon. As far as all the anticat BS nobody the rides one is concerned. They work great and most that ordered or have one are quite comfortable with what they have. Bunch of flicking losers that don’t know or have any idea what a new Cat is all about. Love our 19 RR and wouldn’t swap it for anything the others have to offer. The ordering process Cat started a few years ago is looking pretty smart now. Wouldn’t be surprised the others copy this method of sales in the future.

#18 ·
That’s the point. Too many people think like you. Cat has been evolving with the introduction of the Blast series, monorail rear suspension (Alpha), constant improvements to exsisting models, upgrading fit and finish, etc. The next thing will be a new chassis and when we get it Cat won’t have to go back to the drawing board like Poo has. Sometimes staying with the status quo idea is the best. I think Cat is headed in the right direction and I’m quite happy as are others in what they have to offer.

#19 ·
Textron was smart cleaning up the market of non currents. Now they need to release something current that entices new customers. Not having a crossover sled for 22 was a big miss on their part. And no a mono rail is not meant for trails. I for one would love to be excited to springcheck a Cat again and I'm sure there are 1000's more in the same boat. Hopefully this supply issue didn't hamper yet another possible year of big changes for an iconic brand.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

#20 ·
I'm a big cat fan and never hide that fact. But there is a few factors that led me to a different brand.

1. Lack of anything really new (trail sleds) since the procross came out.

2. Part availability. Seems everything is on BO these days (going back to early last winter). Takes months sometimes for parts.

3. Spring order only. Well this is fine for some, its hard for a lot of ppl to see sleds in person. Ordering from a catalog doesn't fly for me.

4. Warranty is lacking compared to other manufacturers. Not sure what this snow check was but previous yrs was only 1 yr vs 4 yrs from others. Thats huge.

5. The fact you can't customize your snow check purchase. Really all the snow check does is guarantee you get a sled. Thats it. Look a polaris and the options the have with they're snow check. Cat could do something similar.

6. The price. Again not enough innovation for the price. Yes they're all expensive but I think you get more with other brands (for the $).

I bought an Assault 850 last spring and a guy I work with just picked up a 21 Riot 800. Will be interesting to see the difference between the 2.

#22 ·
I'm a big cat fan and never hide that fact. But there is a few factors that led me to a different brand.

1. Lack of anything really new (trail sleds) since the procross came out.

2. Part availability. Seems everything is on BO these days (going back to early last winter). Takes months sometimes for parts.

3. Spring order only. Well this is fine for some, its hard for a lot of ppl to see sleds in person. Ordering from a catalog doesn't fly for me.

4. Warranty is lacking compared to other manufacturers. Not sure what this snow check was but previous yrs was only 1 yr vs 4 yrs from others. Thats huge.

5. The fact you can't customize your snow check purchase. Really all the snow check does is guarantee you get a sled. Thats it. Look a polaris and the options the have with they're snow check. Cat could do something similar.

6. The price. Again not enough innovation for the price. Yes they're all expensive but I think you get more with other brands (for the $).

I bought an Assault 850 last spring and a guy I work with just picked up a 21 Riot 800. Will be interesting to see the difference between the 2.

All my reasons too

#23 ·
I wish I road enough to preorder a new Cat. I'd order a Tcat with PS in a moment. I am the perfect example of "the limiting factor in my sled not performing at 100% of its designed ability is not the sled, its the rider". I guess I could also state that I'm switching brands because I didn't get all new design. I think alot/most guys demanding "new this" and "new that" also fall into this category, they kid themselves that they ride hard enough to need a new chassis every 3 or 4 years because they can outride their current sled. Guess I need a bigger ego, or start riding better than Tucker. JMO.

#29 ·
I wanted Cat to come out with something new for this year, to replace my 20,But they didn't. I think my 20 is a great sled, I've rode the other brands and really don't see much from them, I'm happy holding on to my 20. Old and refined doesn't mean bad!! Buy what you want and stop trying to justify it!! See ya at the next stop, I'll wait for you!!

#30 ·
These last 3 negative comments just prove some people are just sheep. If you guys are happy with the other brands then great stay with them, I for one love riding the Cats we have and being a little different. As far as painting something green your too late they all make em green now they just aren’t a real Cats. If some of the off brands are so advanced why do they keep copying little things the Cat comes out with? You can thank Arctic Cat for the new self adjusting clutching on the new Turbo Poo only problem is it still a ticking time bomb unlike the Turbo 4 strokes from Cat and Yami. How well did that Haybaler work out for Poo? I need to take a pill to relax a bit here I can’t believe some of you guys keep coming back with all this crap. If you don’t want a new Cat then just buy what you want but don’t keep coming into a Cat thread and spitting out bullshit. You want more warranty just buy it, don’t like what is offered make it your way yourself and on and on.

#34 ·
Sheep? Explaining Cat's decline as people being sheep? Be honest with yourself, and really look at the big picture.
Apparently, everything is FINE at Cat....
Again- After 29 new Cats, including several ProCross's, I get it. However, I still bailed on Cat for multiple reasons. For some people, change is hard. But, if you really step back and objectively weigh technology, innovation, price, and support- it's not a mystery as to why Cat's marketshare, dealer network, and reputation have been in such a state of decline.
But, everything is fine....
I suspect that sales are good this year for Cat- as they are for everyone. They'll deliver their '22's and I expect that we will hear some positive results. This will be good for Textron, their dealers, and the long term viability of the brand. It probably buys Textron some time to straighten things out. But if they don't address the reasons that their customers are leaving soon, then what?

Attachments

#31 ·
No sheep here, I have owned several Pro-Cross sleds. My ridding buddy still bleeds green but even he now has a Doo and a Poo (baler model, which he says he is never going to sell). His last cat was an 18 RXC.

Our dealer dropped cat 2 years ago after they went spring-order only. So it would be hard to go back to cat, even if they come out with something new. But I would still like to see it. They are a small company now and don't (apparently) care about being the sales leader. That should give them a lot more freedom to be creative and innovative.

#33 ·
All good comments as everyone has their motivations regarding what they spend their money on in a sled. My brother was an Arctic Cat guy until he rode my '18 800 Assault. We ride primarily in the UP which has a great combination of on trail and off trail options. I think the new Cat products are pretty good but I cannot justify the huge price jump for the 2022 models for the same sled that sold for $12,500 previously (ZR 8000 RR) under the Snowmagedon Program. Also, as others have stated Polaris as well as Doo provide really strong extended warranty programs under their Snowcheck incentive. I just want it to snow like crazy this winter and for all of us to have a fun and safe riding season!

#36 ·
Well all I can say that again your getting caught up in all the little picky things all other anti cat guys elaborate on. Innovation & technology? Cat has new innovative technology , I Act, monorail, self adjusting clutching, ( new clutch this year), lower pressure fuel system, single cylinder liquid cooled motor, new ARS front suspension, nice tight easy to remove body panels, etc. Price? Buy by preordering and pricing is great. Dealer support? You guys keep coming up with this. I get anything I order in less than a week most times a few days. Our 19 RR has never been back to the dealer and our 18 High Country got a cracked clutch replaced within a week. So we aren’t seeing your complaints in any way.

Now the sleds peep are jumping to. Poo had a great idea with the Haybaler so good they eliminated it , I’d take a single liquid Sled over an out of date slouch like the Evo any day. Poo has done great job with their new engine technology ( redesigned about 3 times now and jury is still out on the latest version cause nobody is going to get one for a while). Poo has no dealer support this year so far at all because they can’t get sleds. Our local Poo dealer had all 30 sleds for floor stock cancelled by Poo. No sleds period and some snow check orders got cancelled too.

Doo has played around with so many new ski designs they can’t settle on one. Still not competitive stock in the 4 stroke turbo world and the new drive by wire throttle is still a work in progress? Try fixing a screwed up throttle by wire on trail. Clutching on Doo now is also all over the place. Couple of buds last year couldn’t run WOT with their new 850’s or they’d smoke a belt. Doo has same issue this year as Poo lack of sleds to sell. Delivering some sleds without advertised technology like the smart key system. Neighbour got his sled and no new key system same old system. Say if and when they show up he will get it. Nice.

Meanwhile Cat guys have their new sleds and the rest are on the way. So Cat is not any different than the rest they all have issues.

#38 ·
how many revisions has the ctec2 been through?

comparing $11,500 CAN blast to a $7500 CAN evo. For a 35% jump in purchase price I'd expect a lot more than the blast delivers.

I am no fan boy and would love to spend some money at cat again...but until its all new, I won't be. Plus up where I am from my new polaris are all considerably cheaper than anything that Cat, yamacat, or doo offers. I've been able to upgrade every year since 2019 for very little expense...sometimes even zero out of pocket. I'm kicking myself for not snow checking a 2022 Assault to go along with my snowchecked 2022 XCR. With the used market so hot I could easily sell my 2021 Assault for more than it would have cost me on the 2022.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.