Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 651 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Poo and Doo guys getting letters indicating there sleds will be delayed mid December/ January will Cat deliver on there spring ordered sleds?

Maybe with Cat having no BIG changes for the last few years will be an advantage to be riding a 2022 sled when the other guys will be sitting at home.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
With the Poo and Doo guys getting letters indicating there sleds will be delayed mid December/ January will Cat deliver on there spring ordered sleds?

Maybe with Cat having no BIG changes for the last few years will be an advantage to be riding a 2022 sled when the other guys will be sitting at home.
I would assume they will. They probably didn't have that many to build compared to Poo and Doo.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: TurboJamie

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Buddy just got his new Doo last week. Said of the 20 that were delivered, only 8 were complete. Not sure what they were waiting for though.

·
Registered
‘22 ThunderCat EPS,‘20 Skidoo XRS 900T
51 Posts

They’ve already built 48 models so far. If you go here:
then click on Arctic cat, then snowmobile then 2022 you’ll see a list of all the sleds that have been built thus far.
they don’t get it on that list until AC builds them. No Thundercat yet.They’re always the last to get built.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Buddy just got his new Doo last week. Said of the 20 that were delivered, only 8 were complete. Not sure what they were waiting for though.

I follow the 900T facebook group. Doo has some serious supply issues with electronics. Indicated they may be delivering sleds that are missing some items to arrive later. Also said that dealer stock is going to be hit the hardest.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Didn't you see the all new 60th Anniversary Special Edition sled?? Neither did I...
Did you see that new Cat chassis? Neither did I.....
How about that new Cat 850 Turbo? Ummmm.....
Well....at least they have the Blast in 25 different configurations in primer gray.....

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
That's too bad. Just a few short years ago AC was big. And had a strong following. Really it's kinda sad to see them drop down in numbers. Now the last machine I like was the ZR..good sled. I thought Yami would reinvigorate the brand.

And of my friends that road Cat boy they were team green through and through.

I'll add the T cat to that short list. Fast.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Some sleds have arrived and the T Cats are to be coming very soon. As far as all the anticat BS nobody the rides one is concerned. They work great and most that ordered or have one are quite comfortable with what they have. Bunch of flicking losers that don’t know or have any idea what a new Cat is all about. Love our 19 RR and wouldn’t swap it for anything the others have to offer. The ordering process Cat started a few years ago is looking pretty smart now. Wouldn’t be surprised the others copy this method of sales in the future.

·
Registered
21,262 Posts
Some sleds have arrived and the T Cats are to be coming very soon. As far as all the anticat BS nobody the rides one is concerned. They work great and most that ordered or have one are quite comfortable with what they have. Bunch of flicking losers that don’t know or have any idea what a new Cat is all about. Love our 19 RR and wouldn’t swap it for anything the others have to offer. The ordering process Cat started a few years ago is looking pretty smart now. Wouldn’t be surprised the others copy this method of sales in the future.
So why do their sales keep dropping???

·
Registered
‘20 XRS 900 Turbo ‘22 ThunderCat EPS
206 Posts
Well said… Boom2. I for one am not brand loyal although I’ve been a Skidoo guy for the Etec motors for the past 11 years until 2020 when I purchased a XRS in a turbo four stroke version. This spring I decided to try an Arctic Cat as my second sled so ordered the T-Cat with EPS which will be my first AC and a perfect sled for my wife when she wants to ride. The dealer I am going through for my sled said he sold 30% more sleds this season compared to last year, so all the negative Cat talk about them losing sales and followers isn’t valid in my area. Whatever makes people feel good about their brand I guess. IMO every manufacture offers great models and not so great models if you look back over the years. To each their own I guess. When I’m riding my new ‘22 T-Cat because I’m riding the “ AC going out of business sled” and some other brand is still waiting for their ‘22 models that apparently wont be in till the middle of Jan.. They better hope it’s a epic season. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
So why do their sales keep dropping???
Too many peeps caught up in the latest greatest syndrome thinking if a sled hasn’t been totally redesigned every few years then it’s not up to competing with other brands. Not as many dealers so lots just by close to home. That isn’t anything new around hear there have always been too many Poo & Doo dealers. Only lately has Cat offered anything too newbies like the Blast series now. Not everyone can afford or want a Turbo 4 stroke sled. I can go on and on. In the end it doesn’t make any difference how many any brand makes. Most important is your happy with what you ride. Most Cat guys like being different and enjoy their sled of choice. We have had extremely good dependability and especially durability with our Cats so very happy. Now we will hear all the bullshit from the naysayers but let Eric rip cause it won’t effect my opinion and a lot of other Cat people.

·
Registered
21,262 Posts
Too many peeps caught up in the latest greatest syndrome thinking if a sled hasn’t been totally redesigned every few years then it’s not up to competing with other brands. Not as many dealers so lots just by close to home. That isn’t anything new around hear there have always been too many Poo & Doo dealers. Only lately has Cat offered anything too newbies like the Blast series now. Not everyone can afford or want a Turbo 4 stroke sled. I can go on and on. In the end it doesn’t make any difference how many any brand makes. Most important is your happy with what you ride. Most Cat guys like being different and enjoy their sled of choice. We have had extremely good dependability and especially durability with our Cats so very happy. Now we will hear all the bullshit from the naysayers but let Eric rip cause it won’t effect my opinion and a lot of other Cat people.
that business model of never changing is what puts companies out of business

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
That’s the point. Too many people think like you. Cat has been evolving with the introduction of the Blast series, monorail rear suspension (Alpha), constant improvements to exsisting models, upgrading fit and finish, etc. The next thing will be a new chassis and when we get it Cat won’t have to go back to the drawing board like Poo has. Sometimes staying with the status quo idea is the best. I think Cat is headed in the right direction and I’m quite happy as are others in what they have to offer.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Textron was smart cleaning up the market of non currents. Now they need to release something current that entices new customers. Not having a crossover sled for 22 was a big miss on their part. And no a mono rail is not meant for trails. I for one would love to be excited to springcheck a Cat again and I'm sure there are 1000's more in the same boat. Hopefully this supply issue didn't hamper yet another possible year of big changes for an iconic brand.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I'm a big cat fan and never hide that fact. But there is a few factors that led me to a different brand.

1. Lack of anything really new (trail sleds) since the procross came out.

2. Part availability. Seems everything is on BO these days (going back to early last winter). Takes months sometimes for parts.

3. Spring order only. Well this is fine for some, its hard for a lot of ppl to see sleds in person. Ordering from a catalog doesn't fly for me.

4. Warranty is lacking compared to other manufacturers. Not sure what this snow check was but previous yrs was only 1 yr vs 4 yrs from others. Thats huge.

5. The fact you can't customize your snow check purchase. Really all the snow check does is guarantee you get a sled. Thats it. Look a polaris and the options the have with they're snow check. Cat could do something similar.

6. The price. Again not enough innovation for the price. Yes they're all expensive but I think you get more with other brands (for the $).

I bought an Assault 850 last spring and a guy I work with just picked up a 21 Riot 800. Will be interesting to see the difference between the 2.

1 - 20 of 651 Posts