Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a set of rails for my 2003 F7 Standard. I have located a set off of an '05 for a decent price, but he said they are 1 1/2" longer than mine. I have also been told that the rails from an '05 are stronger than an '03, not sure how true that is.

The question is this...WILL THEY WORK??? Give me your expertise here guys.

Thanks Much!!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I dont know about the 05's but the 04 rails are a bit longer up front then the 03's. Ive heard of people using 04 rails on 03's. I only have ~100 miles but so far no issues. (knock on wood).

edit: should specify i have 04 rails on an 03.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am supposed to put faith in a guy with sleds loaded like that??? LOL Just messin' with ya man, thanks for your $.02. Anybody else with success stories? Anything special that I will have to do???

·
Registered
872 Posts
I am supposed to put faith in a guy with sleds loaded like that??? LOL Just messin' with ya man, thanks for your $.02. Anybody else with success stories? Anything special that I will have to do???[/b]

There is a story behind the pic and there have been more then a few posts on here about it. Short version the trailer broke and i wasnt leaving my sled 400 miles away.

In my case it bolted right up. Arms were a little tired after changing out all the bolts though. Grab a friend there were a few spots where a 2nd set of hands helped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.