Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Just narrow it up to 39 with some Zbroz A-Arms and the sled becomes everything it was meant to be. Along with gripper skis with good carbide and its on rails, living the dream.

Just narrow it up to 39 with some Zbroz A-Arms and the sled becomes everything it was meant to be. Along with gripper skis with good carbide and its on rails, living the dream.
Sounds like a great set up to rail corners.
Narrow her up and add good carbides? :lol3:

Why would anyone want to change the ski's that came on the sled?? they must have picked the wrong model :stirthepot:
Ooooooooh! that's good :lol:

But in defense.... the sled comes with grippers outside of North America :roflmao:

Now that my arm has become sore from stirring the pot, a bit of my serious thoughts. :rolleyes:

I don't believe Polaris made any mistakes on this sled. The Assault chassis Rocks!! It is a dam good 50/50 sled and just what I wanted.

It still handles the trail amazingly for having a 144" skid. It gets right up in the Powder and is very capable having fun off trail. It does both very well and that makes it Awesome. Exactly why I like it better than my other Polaris sleds. If it were narrower "YES" it would carve in the deep and layover easier making it a better off trail sled. But then it would no longer be a 50/50 sled as its trail manners would suffer. Right out of the box the majority of people will love what this chassis offers because it does everything very well. It just can't be better than a well set up Pro-S on trail and more fun in the steep and deep than an RMK. It was offered with a 2" and also a 1.3" to try to get people a little closer to what their true intentions with the sled was to be. In a perfect world Polaris could have offered a few more choices I guess. I wish there had been a middle of the road choice with tracks. "Maybe a 1.6??" Maybe people who chose the 2" could have had a narrow front end choice and Gripper Ski's to go with it?? Like I said, In a perfect world.

"YES" us finicky people will always find ways to want to change and slightly modify things to suit our needs. There is nothing wrong with a widening kit or a kit that narrows things up to tweak it into being better on trail or off. The reality is that with any sled or modification to your set up you will have things it does great and things it could do better. Then trail or snow conditions change and then so does your chosen modifications as to how well they will work.

Studs, No Studs, Long studs, short studs, few studs, many studs, factory skis, aftermarket skis,
ski carbide lengths or chosen types of carbides. As the snow/trail conditions change so does the best set up. Its easy to over do a set up and become too aggressive. One day you have the best set up and the next day you wish it was a little different.

So as we tell each other what the best set up is.... That best set up changes with the conditions Mother nature gives us every day. :bc:

You guys think I am nuts but my wife's 600 RMK 144 with the stance set in the middle and of course softer shocks takes corners better than my Assault. Hers is an Axys as well. Just sayin.
I haven't driven one. I wish I had. I love driving different types of sleds to see what makes them tick.
I have a 550 Voyageur 155" that of course is a dub around sled that I use for Ice Fishing and riding with the kids on their 340's. It is a riot to play around on.
It trail rides really nice. Better than my SKS 155". Of course without the power! Now we both sound crazy. Haha...

Sounds like a great set up to rail corners.
Narrow her up and add good carbides? :lol3:
IKR. Does not sound like it would be so good but amazing how well it works on trail. Everyone I let ride it is amazed on how well it handles at fast trail pace. Must be like the Rmk 600 renegade18 has.

After cutting the pressed bushing there is still a little piece of it stuck in the spindle. Pull it out. Then you can tap in the oem bought plastic bushing. You can't tap in the plastic bushing with this small piece still stuck in the spindle. The plastic bushing you put in will also make up for the material lost from the sawzall cut. The factory oem plastic bushing will do what shimyxc refers to using a cheap washer to make up for the width of the cut. Obviously there is more than one way to accomplish this simple procedure. I'm not saying anybody's procedure is incorrect. With my procedure you are using the cut off pressed bushing as your spacer. Why toss it in the trash and go buy new spacers? "TO EACH IS OWN."

Why cut it off? If it’s pressed in, can’t we just press it out?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.