Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put up some ideas on dates and where to go. It would probably be best to select on a few weekends, to see how snow conditions are. Im up for a ride in the Eagle River area, Minaqua Area, or out by me in Price County. We can see what areas work best for everyone and decide. So let the ideas start flowing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
well i'd be interested. one idea is that if we have it in the western UP, stay away from hurley-that place gets hammered with traffic. not sure if u were thinkin bout goin up by lake gogebic, but i would go in either michigan or northern wis. i would say either late december, early january-if plannin on ridin in wis...otherwise if ur in the LES belt then anytime after november should work-might be able to bring along couple of my buds

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Originally posted by pimpedrsrage@Aug 30 2005, 08:07 AM
well i'd be interested.  one idea is that if we have it in the western UP, stay away from hurley-that place gets hammered with traffic. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=853065
[/quote]

If you stay west of there, and head west towards Ashland, it isn't too bad for traffic. Downtown Hurley gets rough when the snow isnt too good I agree, but I go up there every year at least a few times, and have usually had great trails everywhere.

·
Registered
823 Posts
if you can brave the hurley conditions, once you get out of town to the west there beyond Pence, they have some awesome trails....I'm a big fan of that area...

god, im ready for it!!!!! :snowfall:

edit: hmmm...i guess thats pretty much what you were saying, huh, revff? :)

:doh:

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Originally posted by scolba@Aug 30 2005, 11:29 AM
edit:  hmmm...i guess thats pretty much what you were saying, huh, revff?  :)

:doh:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=853355
[/quote]

You betcha! It's all good! My mother-in-law's cabin is on Whitecap Mountain Ski Hill in Iron Belt (just west of Pence) so I agree with VERY MUCH!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts