Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
like i said earlier, i am willing to bet that half to three quarter people that said that they are waiting for an 05 (including me) and waiting for a high performance 4 stroker, and the T660 is not it

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
waiting for 05 to get higher displacement and the diamond drive.....still a firecat man though in 05

·
Registered
12 Posts
:p what have they realy changed in the new firecat that i dont have in the 03, i want to see what they do in 05, lets see a high performance 4 stroke or an f8-9. Also i like my black patriot more then this years models. :lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
:angry: Why would people interested in riding a Firecat be waiting for a
4-stroke, it will never be a fair comparison, that's like comparing an RX-ton
to a F7. The four strokes have their place, but certainly not in the ditch
banging segment, let's be realistic boys!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I normally like to ride a sled two years before I trade it. I was thinking of trading the wife's ZL this year, but it only has 1000 miles on it. WIth that said, most likely we are looking at 2 new sleds in 05.

·
Registered
290 Posts
why wait? because there is no big difference between the 03 FC and the 04 FC's. Maybe if you want a carb, or some fruitcake tiger or toy plane graphics then you should trade in but other than that it would be a waste of money.
I think there will be a late 04 release or next year will be something big. I'm not talking queer 4-strokes either

·
Registered
156 Posts
my 03 is still like new-i really like it-why trade one year for the "same" thing?-just got this one the way i like 'em-just don't want to start all over again

·
Registered
574 Posts
I agree, after all the set-up done on the 03's and very little change to the 04's my choice is ride it another year. After 1500 miles I'm no where near ready to give this baby up! ^_^

·
Registered
75 Posts
04's are the same thing except for color and graphics. Why buy the same thing that you already have. If the F Cats had the direct drive I'd get one but I'm just going to wait a year like everyone else and see the 05's.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I like the Patriot graphics package on my 03. Also 2100 miles isn't much for a Cat, it still feels like a new sled. I'm going to ride this one a while especially since it's been pretty bulletproof and I need to pay it off before looking for something that's as good (another Firecat).

I can say that my next sled will be a Firecat. I can't see any other sled in the near future surpassing the awesome ride, lightness, quickness and hp. It's a lot cheaper for me to do some maintainance on this.

My planned maintainance is as follows:

Before next season.
Change front and rear springs.
Recharge shocks
clean power valves, adjust again before fall
put in new hyfax (mines due to be changed soon, might last another 1000 miles)
change carbides (probably at about 2500 miles perhaps before the end of this season)

and probably. . .
have new bearings put in the track drive shaft.
replace belt (shoot I have 2100 miles on the original belt, will probably change this before the season ends.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts