Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me list some of the reason you belong to your State Snowmobile Association.

1. I like to snowmobile.
2. They deal with the lobby Politicians that want land closures.
3. They oversee the grooming program.
4. Help snowmobiling organize to promote positive safe growth of the sport.
5. They need more membership for there is strength in numbers.

Help me give a few more reasons to pay the small amount of dues and be member of Organized Snowmobiling!!!???
:schild27:

·
Administrator
2021 VR1 Eight-Fiddy HYPERSLED!!
20,604 Posts
I get a news article/magazine subscription during the snowmobile season keeping me up to date on issues within the sport & other recreational articles.

I can get discounts to various places by showing my membership.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So membership pays for itself through member discounts.-
One question I did not ask was why not be a member??

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
So membership pays for itself through member discounts.-
One question I did not ask was why not be a member??

I try.

I'm currently registered in MA and have trail permits for MA, NH, and VT.

I just wish I had more time in my personal life to help out the club's I'm a member of.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know being involved here with our local club in central Vermont I can tell you what I see. Our club has over 350 members which about fifteen of them do all the work from grooming, to trail maintenance, to signage, fundraising and that dosen't include the pile of gov't and state paperwork. Its not just fall and winter work, its all year. I know not everyone has the time to donate, but its hard for me to believe that out of fifty two weeks a year a snowmobiler couldn't volunteer a couple of hours. I think what you'll find is that the active volunteers a have busy lives to. Sorry for the ramble. Back to your original question.
Your local club works with landowners to gain their permission for land use for trails.
I know here our mountain trail work summer and fall is greatly appreciated by State Forest Service as they would have to hire crews to do the work we do to clear the trails.
We put on youth education courses for young riders so they can eran their certificate to ride the trails.
Trail maintanence such as maintaining bridges is huge for us, with all the high water we've had.
Thats just a couple things. To me its a no brainer. I love the people I'm involved with and they do one hell of a job to take care of 100 plus miles of trails with about 15 people. Get involved, you won't have any regrets.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
I know being involved here with our local club in central Vermont I can tell you what I see. Our club has over 350 members which about fifteen of them do all the work from grooming, to trail maintenance, to signage, fundraising and that dosen't include the pile of gov't and state paperwork. Its not just fall and winter work, its all year. I know not everyone has the time to donate, but its hard for me to believe that out of fifty two weeks a year a snowmobiler couldn't volunteer a couple of hours. I think what you'll find is that the active volunteers a have busy lives to. Sorry for the ramble. Back to your original question.
Your local club works with landowners to gain their permission for land use for trails.
I know here our mountain trail work summer and fall is greatly appreciated by State Forest Service as they would have to hire crews to do the work we do to clear the trails.
We put on youth education courses for young riders so they can eran their certificate to ride the trails.
Trail maintanence such as maintaining bridges is huge for us, with all the high water we've had.
Thats just a couple things. To me its a no brainer. I love the people I'm involved with and they do one hell of a job to take care of 100 plus miles of trails with about 15 people. Get involved, you won't have any regrets.

X 10 !! Get invovled in your club where you ride ...
We all want the same thing, great trails and plenty of areas to ride in ..
Unfortunately most snowmobilers take it all for granted ....
As far as why to join your state assoc.... it's the law, you have to register to ride legally, when you join a local club in NH you are automatically enrolled in the NHSA.
Your state association works for all of us on every level of the sport ..
Without out them your right to ride on state and & private
land would be at risk of being revoked by politicians and special interest groups with thier own agenda's ...
There is power in numbers ... we must stand together to keep our sport and right to ride !!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Communication and Education I feel a very important. Maybe then the users may at least help with joining the membership base and small supporting dues if they knew more about how these trails develop.
There are many positive messages developing here. Some maybe able to used with my media resources.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
At least join your local club or clubs. Even if you cant help out for whatever reason at least your membership fee can be used towards gas on the mowers and groomer and the club can get more grant money based on the number of memberships.
I cant believe the number of cheap people out there that will go on a fun run (aka poker run) on marked and groomed trails and wont pay the measley $10 to get a card. To anyone not familiar, the card gets stamped at all the stops. Plus most of these guys are also the ones that ride and shread the trails up all year and wont pay $30 to join a club.
ITS A PRIVILIDGE TO RIDE-NOT A RIGHT and your federal govt is already taking away land and forest area from us all. We need to band together by joining clubs and your state associations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts