Hardcore Sledder banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yup. I'm in no hurry at all. I'll take mine in at my convenience when I can be assured it'll be very quick and that they won't screw something else up in the process. If it's next month, fine. If it's next year, fine. My sled is currently sitting with a half tank of stabilized non-eth. I'll suck that out and fill it with fresh gas and go enjoy the season. I'll be sure to park next to all my Polaris brothers at the bars and restaurants, of which I'm sure there'll be plenty!
I think I’m with ya.... I’d rather lay back, ride it and wait for all the reports on how the fix went as well as hopefully theses dealers get some under there belt! I know I can take it to any dealer at some point but my sled is kept 380 miles from the dealer I purchased it from. Will likely have to take it to a area dealer where I keep it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yup. I'm in no hurry at all. I'll take mine in at my convenience when I can be assured it'll be very quick and that they won't screw something else up in the process. If it's next month, fine. If it's next year, fine. My sled is currently sitting with a half tank of stabilized non-eth. I'll suck that out and fill it with fresh gas and go enjoy the season.
Makes sense to me. Suck out the gas when pulled out of storage, fill with new, fill after every ride, address the recall outside of the rush.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The dealers will all need to unite and take a stand against Polaris if they are not treated fairly with regards to compensation on this massive recall. Polaris has had to many recalls as of late to continue to pass the burden onto the dealers. Maybe Polaris would consider hiring 3rd party trained and certified installers and all they would perform is just this recall? Sure might take pressure off the already swamped dealers. Individuals would be contract employees of Polaris and would need to meet certain criteria with regards to shop to perform the work or maybe would work in a designated space within a dealers shop. Bottomline Polaris (or any manufacturer) will try to try to save as much money to perform this recall to maintain investor confidence with minimal regard to the dealer unless they all join forces and take a stance.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Not many people have worked for flat rate under warranty times and stipulations I see
Only once, many years ago. I remember that the manufacturer allowed 3 hrs to replace a .59 cent part that required complete engine removal, disassembly, and case splitting. (2-stroke motorcycle) I did enough of them that I was able to do it in half the allowed time.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts