Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondering why stop ride the sled in the auto industry they were 19 deaths and 400 plus injuries in the takata airbag defect and we never stopped using our cars it’s complete nonsens that stop ride issue put fresh gas it’s not a defect like the airbag just my opinion

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Its not gonna stop me from riding mine this winter
Nope, but they have done there part with the stop ride so your on your own no matter what happens to the unit or you.... puts things in a sucky position for both party’s. Hope the fix is doable and not a cluster like things seem to be with them. After 4 delays in delivery, over a yr to receive my 22 one whole season missed, some quality issues right at delivery, now still no time in the saddle and a email STOP RIDE..... need things to get turned around here!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Nope, but they have done there part with the stop ride so your on your own no matter what happens to the unit or you.... puts things in a sucky position for both party’s. Hope the fix is doable and not a cluster like things seem to be with them. After 4 delays in delivery, over a yr to receive my 22 one whole season missed, some quality issues right at delivery, now still no time in the saddle and a email STOP RIDE..... need things to get turned around here!
I get it.
The fact they say if you have to start it, fill with fresh fuel, along with never hearing about a tank exploding for the last 9 years eases my mind.

Maybe if it wasn't for that id be scared to ride it.
Things defiantly need to turn around for Poo quick. I feel for the Guys with brand new Sleds like You.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
So they dont have another scenario of vehicles starting on fire. Its a bad look for a company to have.

Acording to lester on snowtrax or what ever one hes on he met with polaris at haydays and they said about 30 sleds over the years have caught fire? I know of one axys that caught fire, but never heard of that anywhere else.

My guess why old fuel and a low tank specifically is because old fuel has had time to evaporate and might have more vapors built up. Just a total guess.

Either way people are going to ride them if polaris hasnt fixed them by winter time. I know I will. I keep my tank full all the time in the winter anyways.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
So they dont have another scenario of vehicles starting on fire. Its a bad look for a company to have.

Acording to lester on snowtrax or what ever one hes on he met with polaris at haydays and they said about 300 sleds over the years have caught fire? I know of one axys that caught fire, but never heard of that anywhere else.

My guess why old fuel and a low tank specifically is because old fuel has had time to evaporate and might have more vapors built up. Just a total guess.

Either way people are going to ride them if polaris hasnt fixed them by winter time. I know I will. I keep my tank full all the time in the winter anyways.
My thing is if I wasnt on the forums would I even know not to start it or ride it? Im the 3rd owner of my 17 and its never been to the dealer since I owned it.
I dont F with Facebook and hardly read Snowtrax or any other Sled publications . Im sure many owners will be in the dark about this.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am surprised by the stop ride order because during the winter when you see a sled burning down it's never a Polaris. You would think the other brands would have had a stop ride order long ago.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
My thing is if I wasnt on the forums would I even know not to start it or ride it? Im the 3rd owner of my 17 and its never been to the dealer since I owned it.
I dont F with Facebook and hardly read Snowtrax or any other Sled publications . Im sure many owners will be in the dark about this.
Ive wondered about that too. Could polaris really block a sled from warranty if it happened to a second owner who has no idea about it? Or would an isurance company deny the claim if they knew about the stop ride? I mean my sled is 9 years old and its effected by it. I hear about it listening to MPR radio. They had a short thing about it. Thats the only place I heard about it in the real world.

·
Registered
48,437 Posts
I would guess any first owners will be contacted by polaris, or the dealer. After that your on your own unless this recall is published where some will see it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Ive wondered about that too. Could polaris really block a sled from warranty if it happened to a second owner who has no idea about it? Or would an isurance company deny the claim if they knew about the stop ride? I mean my sled is 9 years old and its effected by it. I hear about it listening to MPR radio. They had a short thing about it. Thats the only place I heard about it in the real world.
My insurance agent contacted the wife the day after the recall, they knew my sled was involved.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I think compared to things happening to cars, things happening to a sled is more dangerous; in the way that you're almost on top of the engine, no protection from the vehicle itself and most of the time your somewhere where there's nog much help around.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,324 Posts

·
Registered
22 Plum VR1-850/15 Pro-S/15 8RR/21 850 XRS
1,964 Posts
My insurance agent contacted the wife the day after the recall, they knew my sled was involved.
My guess since they contacted the wife about your sled issue, they were asking if she wanted to up your life insurance? 🤣

1 - 20 of 93 Posts