Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
According to this they are 1 ply.
That does not depict the tracks that are installed from the factory. We've posted pictures here in the past. I've looked at mine and others. They are 2 ply.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In my group we have tested every brand of sled with about any combination of track, length and traction aids. The rip 2 always comes out on top. Even I
In 12” of loose fresh snow, watched 2 2018 xrs ski doo make a couple runs. 137” with a backcountry 1.75 and a 129” with rip 2, 12” of fresh untouched snow. The 129” pulled ski to ski vs 137” backcountry. Rip 2 is amazing track all around. My sidewinder I traded on my ‘22 XCR came with rip 2 for a reason. They are the best trail track hands down and will make out fine doing moderate off trial. Cobra tracks are garbage. Rob power and speed. I have a rip 2 going under mi XCR when it gets assembled at the dealer, not messing with a stupid cobra or ice attack. Rip 2 with 120 1.630 triggers on double backers up the middle. Best set up imo

·
Registered
103 Posts
you are the only one I have ever heard say the rip II is the best track option. Although I have had good luck with the rip II on my 2016 ProS 800 I'm looking forward to trying the 1.3 cobra studded on my new XCR

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
In my group we have tested every brand of sled with about any combination of track, length and traction aids. The rip 2 always comes out on top. Even I
In 12” of loose fresh snow, watched 2 2018 xrs ski doo make a couple runs. 137” with a backcountry 1.75 and a 129” with rip 2, 12” of fresh untouched snow. The 129” pulled ski to ski vs 137” backcountry. Rip 2 is amazing track all around. My sidewinder I traded on my ‘22 XCR came with rip 2 for a reason. They are the best trail track hands down and will make out fine doing moderate off trial. Cobra tracks are garbage. Rob power and speed. I have a rip 2 going under mi XCR when it gets assembled at the dealer, not messing with a stupid cobra or ice attack. Rip 2 with 120 1.630 triggers on double backers up the middle. Best set up imo
Proved my point from a previous post I made a while ago. Only ones that say the rips are great tracks, are the ones that come from a brand that offers crap tracks.
Don’t get me wrong. I own a Doo,Polaris and a Cat in 800/850 engines. Storm is my pick of the tracks for performance. Do not stud as do 100+ miles cross country and Hill races. The rip 2 is a king of fish tailling when on the brakes going into a corner.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
No one orders rip 2’s around me anymore, ice attack xt or ice cobra 1.6”. Ice attack xt way better on trail, sleds stay straighter and accelerate better. They also hold up better. BUt if you are studding them with conventional push through studs then it masks the short comings oof the ripll.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I’ve had several cobra tracks over the years and currently have one on my Assault, I’ve also run Rip2 tracks both in 1in and 1.25. The cobra tracks are slow but work excellent in loose/soft/powder conditions. The Rip2 works good those same conditions but for me has worked a bit better on the trail and a Rip2 1in is a great trail track and is very fast up top.

·
Registered
17,158 Posts
around here, our snow conditions vary a bit from year to year. Usually hardpack conditions where a Rip works great. But lots more loose snow this year, Cobra/BC/2" conditions.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts