Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys.....took my sled out for it's first run yesterday. After about 20 miles I started feeling this
vibration at idle and all the way up to about 40mph? Anyone have the same problem? I just got it back from the dealer having everything checked and the updates completed. I never noticed this when I would just fire it up and let it idle until now. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Mine was real bad as well, For the first 1.5 miles, After that I melted a piston and the vibration went away....I'll tell you if it's still there next week when I get the sled back. <_<

·
Registered
616 Posts
Check your belt. If you slipped the belt in wet snow or putting it on the trailler, it will create a vibration from the part of the belt that may be hour glassed.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I was extremely displeased with the vibration of my F7 as well. I have 40 miles on mine, all very easy break in miles. This thing shakes almost as much as my '94 ZR700 did. Yikes! I had to rebuild that clutch every 500 miles. The motor really shakes at idle. Bring it off idle a little and it does get better. The mags always complain about noise and vibration on the cats. I was just hoping it wouldn't be as bad on the F series. Oh well!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
you know what, u people complaining about the vibration at idle need to trade your sled in a a Z370, that one won't shake, but then again, that isn't putting out 140 horses, what do you expect people, quit posting stupid crap

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would second that Rob. Mine doesn't vibrate to any point where I feel there's something wrong. Smoooooth! Bring it to your dealer and have him check it out. Follow your instinct.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My F7 is smooth , the only time it will vibrate some is if the RPM drops
below 1850 . Very smooth at all speeds . Make sure the track is spot on
for alignment . Not much room for error with this chassis . :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
my f7 snow pro was vibrating like crazy to. thought it was bad gas. it was not . it also would not rev above 6200rpm. i brought it to the dealer and the had a hard time diagnosing the problem but they finally found a bad connection at the thermo sensor under where the stator is. now the thing rips and is very smooth. arcticat quality control is not very good.

G

·
that is a lot of power to come out of a twin, its going to have quite a bit of vibration, if it is over excessive maybe the crank. I had a bad crank in my 02 zr6 last year. it would vibrate up to about 50mph or so.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Originally posted by fiver@Dec 13 2002, 11:32 PM
Rob you must have gotten the 2004 700 3 Cylinder prototype! LMAO! Mine vibrates period. At least the wife will enjoy it!
lol...That was a good one.

I was just going through all these posts...this string and the other problem ones, b/c I am going out alone tomorrow for a ride.... :(

Anyway, Rob and others, I don't think the vibrations that everyone is talkinb about are necessarily from a bad track alignment or something wrong. My F7 vibrates like a bastard at idle, and sounds like it has three engines under the hood...until about 35-40 mph, and then it sounds reallllll sweet. Cat has always sounded like there was a can flying around on top of the engine, but if that's the price we pay for the fastest sleds, than so be it. Ski Doo has a really tight sounding engine which is nice, but I think the vibrations are just a CAT trait.

Is anyone actually feeling a disturbing vibration when riding...I know I saw a post mentioning the analogy of a tire being screwed up which would be bad...IE, there is something wrong...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.