Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys.....took my sled out for it's first run yesterday. After about 20 miles I started feeling this
vibration at idle and all the way up to about 40mph? Anyone have the same problem? I just got it back from the dealer having everything checked and the updates completed. I never noticed this when I would just fire it up and let it idle until now. Any ideas?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Could be anything that spins with the crank, Maybe something fell off the clutch. Looks like back to the dealer you go...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Mine was real bad as well, For the first 1.5 miles, After that I melted a piston and the vibration went away....I'll tell you if it's still there next week when I get the sled back. <_<

·
Registered
606 Posts
Check your belt. If you slipped the belt in wet snow or putting it on the trailler, it will create a vibration from the part of the belt that may be hour glassed.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I was extremely displeased with the vibration of my F7 as well. I have 40 miles on mine, all very easy break in miles. This thing shakes almost as much as my '94 ZR700 did. Yikes! I had to rebuild that clutch every 500 miles. The motor really shakes at idle. Bring it off idle a little and it does get better. The mags always complain about noise and vibration on the cats. I was just hoping it wouldn't be as bad on the F series. Oh well!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
you know what, u people complaining about the vibration at idle need to trade your sled in a a Z370, that one won't shake, but then again, that isn't putting out 140 horses, what do you expect people, quit posting stupid crap

R

·
0 Posts
Just think of it as a top fueler, every see those babies shack at 6000 HP!! :lol: -_-

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Fire freak, My vibration starts when the sled moves, Feels like a unbalanced tire (way out of wack) Or possibly the track is rubbing on something?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would second that Rob. Mine doesn't vibrate to any point where I feel there's something wrong. Smoooooth! Bring it to your dealer and have him check it out. Follow your instinct.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My F7 is smooth , the only time it will vibrate some is if the RPM drops
below 1850 . Very smooth at all speeds . Make sure the track is spot on
for alignment . Not much room for error with this chassis . :D

·
Registered
879 Posts
Rob you must have gotten the 2004 700 3 Cylinder prototype! LMAO! Mine vibrates period. At least the wife will enjoy it!

·
Registered
264 Posts
my f7 snow pro was vibrating like crazy to. thought it was bad gas. it was not . it also would not rev above 6200rpm. i brought it to the dealer and the had a hard time diagnosing the problem but they finally found a bad connection at the thermo sensor under where the stator is. now the thing rips and is very smooth. arcticat quality control is not very good.

Z

·
0 Posts
that is a lot of power to come out of a twin, its going to have quite a bit of vibration, if it is over excessive maybe the crank. I had a bad crank in my 02 zr6 last year. it would vibrate up to about 50mph or so.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check to see if the track is hitting one side of the tunnel or the other, some drivers were pressed on too far and pushed the track into the tunnel.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Originally posted by fiver@Dec 13 2002, 11:32 PM
Rob you must have gotten the 2004 700 3 Cylinder prototype! LMAO! Mine vibrates period. At least the wife will enjoy it!
lol...That was a good one.

I was just going through all these posts...this string and the other problem ones, b/c I am going out alone tomorrow for a ride.... :(

Anyway, Rob and others, I don't think the vibrations that everyone is talkinb about are necessarily from a bad track alignment or something wrong. My F7 vibrates like a bastard at idle, and sounds like it has three engines under the hood...until about 35-40 mph, and then it sounds reallllll sweet. Cat has always sounded like there was a can flying around on top of the engine, but if that's the price we pay for the fastest sleds, than so be it. Ski Doo has a really tight sounding engine which is nice, but I think the vibrations are just a CAT trait.

Is anyone actually feeling a disturbing vibration when riding...I know I saw a post mentioning the analogy of a tire being screwed up which would be bad...IE, there is something wrong...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts