Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Record high temperature at Detroit for the date and just three
degrees from the the all time high for January...

A record high temperature of 64 degrees was set for Detroit at
Detroit Metro Airport. This breaks the old record of 57 set in
1989. In addition... this high of 64 is just threee degrees shy of
the all-time record high for janaury at Detroit which is 67 set
back in January 25th, 1950. This type of record warmth in January is
somewhat rare with only six times in the past when the temperature
rose to/or above the 64 degree mark (above 64 - only four times) in
the month of January.

Temperature... ... .date... .
64 01/20/1906
64 01/26/1944
65 01/01/1876
65 01/21/1906
66 01/11/1890
67 01/25/1950

FU Al Gore!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I totally agree that it has been this warm many times in the past and it still gets plenty cold today, but it does seam that years ago we didnt have such a roller coster ride of temps like we do now. Is it just me?? What causes it to be so up and down anybody??

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
how anybody can think that global warming is bullshit is totally beyond me....we are beating the dog shit out of our environment...don't worry though,mother nature will get tired and clean up.things that make katrina seem like nothing....try eating big macs everyday...year after year...eventually you are just gonna have to shit on everything around you...in this case the special sauce is all the horseshit we throw at the old girl everyday....unreal how someone could think that the constant garbage this planet has to rid itself of won't take a toll...and why the fuck would you just not assume that we ARE killing the planet and do the right thing anyways???? screw it...let's just keep tearing up the land and pumping horrible shit into the air because i don't THINK it's harmful....that makes sense...oh well,i'm off to mcdonalds

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how anybody can think that global warming is bullshit is totally beyond me....we are beating the dog shit out of our environment...don't worry though,mother nature will get tired and clean up.things that make katrina seem like nothing....try eating big macs everyday...year after year...eventually you are just gonna have to shit on everything around you...in this case the special sauce is all the horseshit we throw at the old girl everyday....unreal how someone could think that the constant garbage this planet has to rid itself of won't take a toll...and why the fuck would you just not assume that we ARE killing the planet and do the right thing anyways???? screw it...let's just keep tearing up the land and pumping horrible shit into the air because i don't THINK it's harmful....that makes sense...oh well,i'm off to mcdonalds[/b]

O...........kay! Just saying that everytime it warms up the Global Warming folks jump up and say SEE I TOLD YOU!!! I think it's BS for the most part....I don't disagree with you that we treat mother earth poorly though.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
O...........kay! Just saying that everytime it warms up the Global Warming folks jump up and say SEE I TOLD YOU!!! I think it's BS for the most part....I don't disagree with you that we treat mother earth poorly though.[/b]
did not really direct that whole rant at you...weather is going to be wild and unpredictable no matter what shape our globe is in....i do agree that global warming and something like a brief january warm up should be kept seperate...it takes credibility from the idea that global warming is real....there are much better examples of it than a january thaw...alright,i'm sitting down to enjoy this big mac....

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did not really direct that whole rant at you...weather is going to be wild and unpredictable no matter what shape our globe is in....i do agree that global warming and something like a brief january warm up should be kept seperate...it takes credibility from the idea that global warming is real....there are much better examples of it than a january thaw...alright,i'm sitting down to enjoy this big mac....[/b]
Did you go to get that Big Mac in your V8 Full size pick up? :dunno: :yelrotflmao:

I don't know what's going on and honestly I think it's a cycle in which the planet has seen before. Global warming is just an excuse for the government to put all kinds of regulations in place to drive the cost of fuel up.

As long as we are pro active and we don't abuse the planet anymore we should be okay.....I'm Sled Solutions and I approve that statement! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Did you go to get that Big Mac in your V8 Full size pick up? :dunno: :yelrotflmao:

I don't know what's going on and honestly I think it's a cycle in which the planet has seen before. Global warming is just an excuse for the government to put all kinds of regulations in place to drive the cost of fuel up.

As long as we are pro active and we don't abuse the planet anymore we should be okay.....I'm Sled Solutions and I approve that statement! :beer_cheers:[/b]
no...in a yukon with a 6 liter in it...and i like to go at lunch time so i can sit in the drive thru and idle for 20 minutes along with 20 other trucks... :wall:

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no...in a yukon with a 6 liter in it...and i like to go at lunch time so i can sit in the drive thru and idle for 20 minutes along with 20 other trucks... :wall:[/b]
Even better if you eat your lunch while sitting in the parking lot of McDonalds and then drive back to work.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
how anybody can think that global warming is bullshit is totally beyond me....we are beating the dog shit out of our environment...don't worry though,mother nature will get tired and clean up.things that make katrina seem like nothing....try eating big macs everyday...year after year...eventually you are just gonna have to shit on everything around you...in this case the special sauce is all the horseshit we throw at the old girl everyday....unreal how someone could think that the constant garbage this planet has to rid itself of won't take a toll...and why the fuck would you just not assume that we ARE killing the planet and do the right thing anyways???? screw it...let's just keep tearing up the land and pumping horrible shit into the air because i don't THINK it's harmful....that makes sense...oh well,i'm off to mcdonalds[/b]
You should sell me that F1000 and stop beating up mother nature so much with that nasty 2-stoke emissions!

J/k LOL

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The global warming 'campaign' by Al Gore is a fucking scam. Gore is not a scientist n is a peice of shit but im not saying that the earth isnt heating up, it may be. Who knows if the planet is warming due to us or many other reasons. There are hundreds of scientists who say it is not because of us, and many for it neglect to tell you that alot of the ice caps are growing. k done ramblinghaha

·
Registered
407 Posts
Are we experiencing globle warming? Yes we are, have been for the last 12,000 + years. Is it brought on by or accelerated by the human race? No not at all. Where we are at right now is the end of an ice age, (3 have occured that we know of) so of course we are seeing changes in our weather patterns, again not by humans. Yes the great glaciers of the world are receding but not by the hand of humans. All we are seeing is nature in the works. The F**KING greenies will go to great lenghts to say whatever they can to say we are destroying the earth. I heard one say the other day that the water will be gone by 2100. I say BS to that. Can anyone tell me where the water goes? I mean does it leave the planet or what. I think we have the same amount of water on planet earth as we did in the beginning, it just changes locations around the globe. Anyone believing we are causing globle warming needs to sit down and read the research on both sides of the line. :m2c:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Are we experiencing globle warming? Yes we are, have been for the last 12,000 + years. Is it brought on by or accelerated by the human race? No not at all. Where we are at right now is the end of an ice age, (3 have occured that we know of) so of course we are seeing changes in our weather patterns, again not by humans. Yes the great glaciers of the world are receding but not by the hand of humans. All we are seeing is nature in the works. The F**KING greenies will go to great lenghts to say whatever they can to say we are destroying the earth. I heard one say the other day that the water will be gone by 2100. I say BS to that. Can anyone tell me where the water goes? I mean does it leave the planet or what. I think we have the same amount of water on planet earth as we did in the beginning, it just changes locations around the globe. Anyone believing we are causing globle warming needs to sit down and read the research on both sides of the line. :m2c:[/b]
I totally agree with you, the earth is warming, if Im not mistaken when I was in school they said the great lakes where from from melting glaciers, well were did those glaciers go? Oh, they f'in melted, sounds like the earth has been warming for a long time, I also just read a study that some scientists say that the earth will begin a cooling trend starting around 2012, only 4 more years of this up and down shit and then back to the cold. In the 70's they all talked about global cooling , now global warming, how the hell can people predist the warming of the earth or cooling of the earth if they can even get the weather reports right for tomorrow? I also watch a special on global warming and the asshat says that only in the last 5 years have we been able to acuratly monitor the ocean temps as a hole, they now have enough beacons out there to acurately measure ocean temp and then in the next sentence he says and they are warmer now the they have been in the last 50 years. well im not the smartest man alive but if you have just been able to acuratly monitor ocean temps in the last 5 years how in the hell do you know they are warmer now than 50 years ago? :withstupid:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Do you guys actually believe all the greenies and weather man and al gore. I dont. Everything is one big cylce we will have the good ol winters again. Go talk to old farmers they know the weather. I know guys that are in thier 70's they have seen things like this in thier life. They have seen the water in the lakes and rivers lower than the current levels. How do they know that because they used to farm more swamp areas back in the day. My grandfather used to run cattle down a creek when he was young like 14 , 15 that know has 1-3ft of water in it. Then there fathers had experienced years of the weather. So some of the records only go back a 100 years. Also these old farmers were out thier everyday they noticed change. Just like anything else in nature it will balance itself out eventually. 30 years ago the saginaw river never froze over . even when it was -20 out it still had lots of open spots. This was mainly from the chemicals that were dumped in it. Buy the bay had all sorts or ice back then. Dont let them fool you. here is an article http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-blog/co...global_warming/

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Temperature... ... .date... .
64 01/20/1906
64 01/26/1944
65 01/01/1876
65 01/21/1906
66 01/11/1890
67 01/25/1950[/b]
Good point... happened before, it'll happen again.

and why the fuck would you just not assume that we ARE killing the planet and do the right thing anyways???? screw it...let's just keep tearing up the land and pumping horrible shit into the air because i don't THINK it's harmful....[/b]
Wow... I would not expect that harsh of venom to come from a 2 stroke recreational vehicle owner/operator. :dunno:

I don't believe in the 'warming' part so much (I think the planet has warmed like 3 degrees over the last 200 years). I DO think we aren't treating the ozone layer very well. All our Industrial Age carbons have been multiplying, as have the sheer number of vehicles (of all types) burning fossil fuels. Think of it as inhaling your car exhaust, increasing factorally. Can't be good... but not ready to ride a bicycle yet. :snack:

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Damn Cops anyhow.. There always picking on us ... Oh , just thought I would throw that in before someone else does... :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Before you know it, it will be to cold with snow and they will want to warm everything.

Every thing goes in cycles good & bad with life just roll with punches!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Damn Cops anyhow.. There always picking on us ... Oh , just thought I would throw that in before someone else does... :i_need_snow:[/b]
:pointlaugh: :yelrotflmao: :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Damn Cops anyhow.. There always picking on us ... Oh , just thought I would throw that in before someone else does... :i_need_snow:[/b]

So cops are causing global warming......Got it! :yelrotflmao:

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Al Gore is a DOUCHE BAG. They should beat him with the Nobel Peace Prize and then drop his ass on the North Pole and tell him good luck finding his way home. He's a true American Asshole and doesn't practice what he preaches.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Al Gore is a DOUCHE BAG. They should beat him with the Nobel Peace Prize and then drop his ass on the North Pole and tell him good luck finding his way home. He's a true American Asshole and doesn't practice what he preaches.[/b]

Im sensing a bit of hostility in your tone t-bone lol Maybe you should go snowmobiling... :head_hurts:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts