Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live across from Colebrooks Trail # 128 in Clarksville which we all know is CLOSED. Just had the first riders of the year go by my house.

I ask WHY??? If you are riding or plan on riding on closed trails will you PLEASE tell the rest of us WHY???

As it was said in another post the ones riding will not own up to it, but if you have the Balls to ride on Closed trails PLEASE tell the rest of what gives you that right. :dunno: :dunno:

·
Premium Member
59,458 Posts
could throw rotten tomatos etc at them

so you don't go to jail

·
Registered
301 Posts
that is one of the most aggrevating things...these douchbags that cant wait a few more weeks, so they have to make trouble for the entire snowmobiling community....hopefully they get themselves caught...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i have a quick question, for someone that doesn't come on these forums how do they know the trails are closed? I've scene nothing in the berlin area saying there closed. I wonder this because i took a trip to concord today and saw 40 or so trailers heading north... But if i didn't frequent these forums i wouldn't know you weren't supposed to be on the trails...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i have a quick question, for someone that doesn't come on these forums how do they know the trails are closed? I've scene nothing in the berlin area saying there closed. I wonder this because i took a trip to concord today and saw 40 or so trailers heading north... But if i didn't frequent these forums i wouldn't know you weren't supposed to be on the trails...[/b]

NH Bureau of Trails

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
so... i guess what your saying is there is enough snow to ride? but yet the money hungry state is down on reg. amounts so they havent officially opened the trails yet? i dont see the logic... open the trails and the reg. money will come....... :fluffy:

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
put a rope across the trail with warning sighns[/b]
I have absolutly no use for the riders that are on closed trails, But that is not even remotely funny :banghead:

I'm sorry when I read your post the 1st time I thought it said without warning after I posted I realized it said with

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
thumper great site, i've never been there personaly, i doubt many people see that either... Don't want to sound negative but if you don't want people on the trails you can't just post it online and think everyone will know. Should be in papers, gas stations, etc. Especially in areas down state where people are coming up takign long drives to where they think there is snow. I mean after December 15th i bet most people think that any decent snow is fair game.
TJ

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Many of the lodges where people stay have trail report pages on their web sites, or they could be called for current conditions. A lot of clubs also have phone numbers you can call for recorded trail reports. And almost all clubs have online trail reports.

How did we survive before the internet?????

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Maybe it is just me, :dunno: but if I was going to spend all that time and money; I would definately call ahead and check out if the trails were open! :doh: Some people are just clueless! :banghead:

Mark :beerchug:

·
Registered
531 Posts
I agree with shortfused here, I mean, not EVERYONE even has the internet. Yes, that's true believe it!!! I know I know, it's hard to believe, but... it's true. Anyhoo, now that we've got that important bit of info out of the way.... When I first got my sled, I didn't know where to look for trails, so I just asked the local snowmobile shop, an they just pretty much tell you after dec. 15 trails are open. So, I can't really blame these people really, unless there's signs at EVERY parkin area, people aren't gonna know, it's that simple! Besides, most of them are prolly just stupid massholes that know there gonna drive 3 hours, but... don't bother to check, haha! duhhhh :banghead:

·
Registered
735 Posts
I agree with shortfused here, I mean, not EVERYONE even has the internet. Yes, that's true believe it!!! I know I know, it's hard to believe, but... it's true. Anyhoo, now that we've got that important bit of info out of the way.... When I first got my sled, I didn't know where to look for trails, so I just asked the local snowmobile shop, an they just pretty much tell you after dec. 15 trails are open. So, I can't really blame these people really, unless there's signs at EVERY parkin area, people aren't gonna know, it's that simple! Besides, most of them are prolly just stupid massholes that know there gonna drive 3 hours, but... don't bother to check, haha! duhhhh :banghead:[/b]
Massholes you live in Manchester isnt that like a mini Boston :frech32: you might as well say you go to the baaaa for a drink and you paaak your caaa in the haaavid yaaad.LOL!!! :lol2: :lol2: Have agreat new years :beer:
Yamahoo :beerchug:

G

·
Massholes you live in Manchester isnt that like a mini Boston :frech32: you might as well say you go to the baaaa for a drink and you paaak your caaa in the haaavid yaaad.LOL!!! :lol2: :lol2: Have agreat new years :beer:
Yamahoo :beerchug:[/b]
:smilielol: its so true that how i taaak

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think OVR is right when it comes down to it I think people just don't care , If fines were bigger it would probably get people to check on things before just doing them , its not that hard to make a call or check on line , or check with someone in the local area. One instance of this would be crossing lakes , people see a track or two and well the lake must be frozen , wouldn't it make sense to get the details on the lake first , inlets , outlets , ice thickness etc. It doesn't take that long to find someone to ask , and if you can't before risking life just go around. (the fines don't realy apply to the lake thing but you get my drift)
Its a habbit we should all get into before going to an area other than where we live , just takes a minute to check , and could save a lot more than a few bucks.
RX1TON

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I live across from Colebrooks Trail # 128 in Clarksville which we all know is CLOSED . Just had the first riders of the year go by my house.

I ask WHY??? If you are riding or plan on riding on closed trails will you PLEASE tell the rest of us WHY???

As it was said in another post the ones riding will not own up to it, but if you have the Balls to ride on Closed trails PLEASE tell the rest of what gives you that right. :dunno: :dunno:[/b]

which we all know is CLOSED yes us here at HCS But How about the locals?. Like some people here are saying. Are the trails even marked closed? Not all sledders are online!!

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I live across from Colebrooks Trail # 128 in Clarksville which we all know is CLOSED. Just had the first riders of the year go by my house.

As it was said in another post the ones riding will not own up to it, but if you have the Balls to ride on Closed trails PLEASE tell the rest of what gives you that right. :dunno: :dunno:[/b]
Its not me but I will tell you why. Because they made reservations ( not sure why riding usualy does suck before jan 8th ) , they tryed to cancel , would have lost their deposit , said fuck it and went anyway.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.