Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does Cat make 1/4 throttle so lean and WOT so rich on their sleds from 800EFI to F7. Both run 1050 degrees at 7000 rpm and dump fuel to EGT of 950 at wide open. This isn't rocket science, lets get this balanced out. Does anyone have any tips to richen up part throttle and lean out WOT?

S

·
0 Posts
Read something about Arctic cat will redo the mapping on your sled to hop them up for $130 ( I think) But as for your Question I don't know as for warrenty after getting it done.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by flightedF7@Jan 10 2003, 10:34 PM
after i burnt my sled up this weekend, i took it in to my dealer and along with the new parts they remapped my computer, for FREE, they just changed the temp on top
What do you mean when you say they changed the temp on top?? Thanks.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Originally posted by Snowblind@Jan 10 2003, 10:27 PM
Read something about Arctic cat will redo the mapping on your sled to hop them up for $130 ( I think) But as for your Question I don't know as for warrenty after getting it done.
Where did you read that??? Does the re-map actually give you more performance, or just better driveability??

·
Registered
178 Posts
I posted a thing a while back on something I read in Snowtech Magazine how arctic cat would remap your chip but then snowtech had to print a retraction the following month because actic cat said it was for select racers only.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,440 Posts
Originally posted by toddwyo@Jan 10 2003, 10:22 PM
Why does Cat make 1/4 throttle so lean and WOT so rich on their sleds from 800EFI to F7. Both run 1050 degrees at 7000 rpm and dump fuel to EGT of 950 at wide open. This isn't rocket science, lets get this balanced out. Does anyone have any tips to richen up part throttle and lean out WOT?
Hey what are the exact measurements for where to put the sensors ? I just got my PYRO 2001 guage and probes but the probe location is not in the 2003 performance manual. Cat used to put it in previous manuals. I also know that Cat wanted the probes mounted in the same location on all the twins, so I wonder if its the same on this twin. any suggestions ?
Thanks Flash and Flare

1 - 8 of 8 Posts