Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Been on Cat for 25 years but thinking it all over this time around.
Cat 800 Limited 11,600
Cat 800 RR 12,000
Doo 850 X package 12,000 after there most recent $500 rebate.

So 13 more HP
4 mpg better minimum
Faster everywhere
New rear suspension
New front suspension
3 year warranty !!!!!!

Cat 800
Handle better
Easier to work on
Maybe better front end

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cat 800 Limited 11,600
Cat 800 RR 12,000

So 13 more HP
4 mpg better minimum
Faster everywhere
New rear suspension
New front suspension
3 year warranty !!!!!!

Cat 800
Handle better
Easier to work on
Maybe better front end
Yea... if they're that close on price, you really cant buy the cat... and I've ridden the new ski doo suspension.... its handling is fantastic...

·
Registered
958 Posts
My wife really, really likes the ZR Limited, but I couldn't quite buy her one this year, so maybe next year. Did spend quite a bit of time on 2021 Cats this spring, and I still think they corner better than just about anything else. I really liked the 600 - great engine choice.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The x package shocks are not the same as RR or the Limited. You would have to go to XRS to have a comparable shock package. But I see your point if thats the pricing you get. In Canada, there is about a $3000 difference, I can do a lot of riding for $3000, so I am sticking with cat. As an example, I bout a 2020 8000RR, bought it for $13.5k CDN, friend bought an XRS he paid $17.5k - yep $4000 difference and his ain't better in the handling department.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife really, really likes the ZR Limited, but I couldn't quite buy her one this year, so maybe next year. Did spend quite a bit of time on 2021 Cats this spring, and I still think they corner better than just about anything else. I really liked the 600 - great engine choice.
Yes, she is looking forward to it for sure, my brother has a 6000RR, she drove that a couple times this year and likes the lightness of it, so getting rid of the 7000, which is now for sale.

·
Registered
175 Posts
27 previous new Cats for me, but my 2 2019’s have both been a train wreck. Nothing but issues, delayed parts, dealer not getting support from Textron, etc. Looks like I’m ordering a pair of MXZX 900T. They won’t top end like my Cat turbo, but they will get me home. I was as Arctic Cat brand loyal as they come, 3 generations actually, but the facts are the facts, Cat/Textron is not moving in the right direction for me. Hottest rumour where I’m from is that 2021 is the last year of Arctic Cat snowmobiles, not sure I believe it, but I’m not laying down $20k for a 1yr warranty sled riddled with reliability issues from a questionable manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
27 previous new Cats for me, but my 2 2019’s have both been a train wreck. Nothing but issues, delayed parts, dealer not getting support from Textron, etc. Looks like I’m ordering a pair of MXZX 900T. They won’t top end like my Cat turbo, but they will get me home. I was as Arctic Cat brand loyal as they come, 3 generations actually, but the facts are the facts, Cat/Textron is not moving in the right direction for me. Hottest rumour where I’m from is that 2021 is the last year of Arctic Cat snowmobiles, not sure I believe it, but I’m not laying down $20k for a 1yr warranty sled riddled with reliability issues from a questionable manufacturer.
http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/Powersports-Business-Interview-With-VP-of-Arctic-Cat-Snowmobiles

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Ordered my 2021 8-RR the day I took delivery of my 2020 8-RR in October. Probably close to the 1st, if not the 1st, 2021 order made. Was hoping for "early Cat-ification" but no..... no RRs were run down the line early. So waiting for it to show, but with the shut down and COVID-19 stuff, who knows when they'll be back open and have the parts to produce sleds (not just Cat here....all of them are going to be behind making 2021s at this point).

I was also going to order a 2021 6-LTD to update our 19 6-LTD 137, but I don't care for the colors on the 2021 LTDs. As much as the 2020 suspension changes improved the chassis, I couldn't do it because of the colors. Besides, our 19 600 is still a baby with under 500 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Cat 800 Limited 11,600
Cat 800 RR 12,000

So 13 more HP
4 mpg better minimum
Faster everywhere
New rear suspension
New front suspension
3 year warranty !!!!!!

Cat 800
Handle better
Easier to work on
Maybe better front end

End if February I rode about 500 miles one weekend with a buddy that had a new 20.5 850 X-RS Renegade.
Same distance, same pace.
The two of us have ridden many miles together and I think we have the same skill levels

He may have got a little better fuel economy but the Ski Doo has a smaller tank. He was running out and searching for gas way before I was even worried

We half ass lined them up a couple times. He had a little more top end. Were talking 3 mile WOT runs

A couple times we pushed it in the tight twisty trails.
He couldn't drive away from me

Buy a good product you don't need extended warranty
I always pass extended warranty

·
Registered
446 Posts
End if February I rode about 500 miles one weekend with a buddy that had a new 20.5 850 X-RS Renegade.
Same distance, same pace.
The two of us have ridden many miles together and I think we have the same skill levels

He may have got a little better fuel economy but the Ski Doo has a smaller tank. He was running out and searching for gas way before I was even worried

We half ass lined them up a couple times. He had a little more top end. Were talking 3 mile WOT runs

A couple times we pushed it in the tight twisty trails.
He couldn't drive away from me

Buy a good product you don't need extended warranty
I always pass extended warranty
I ride with 5 850’s Doo’s. 4 mpg better is a fact. Performance wise, it’s 167hp vs 154hp no real way around that.

With that all said 2 did go down this year with between 4K-5k miles.

Ugly looking sleds but the all out engine performance is flat out better in every way. I don’t keep past 5k miles anyway.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Ordered my 2021 8-RR the day I took delivery of my 2020 8-RR in October. Probably close to the 1st, if not the 1st, 2021 order made. Was hoping for "early Cat-ification" but no..... no RRs were run down the line early. So waiting for it to show, but with the shut down and COVID-19 stuff, who knows when they'll be back open and have the parts to produce sleds (not just Cat here....all of them are going to be behind making 2021s at this point).

I was also going to order a 2021 6-LTD to update our 19 6-LTD 137, but I don't care for the colors on the 2021 LTDs. As much as the 2020 suspension changes improved the chassis, I couldn't do it because of the colors. Besides, our 19 600 is still a baby with under 500 miles on it.
I wish I would have waited till this year to order now. Love my 20 but in person, the 21 Limited is way better looking to me. Love the white on the hood. I am a year out on my 18 to trade as well.

2022!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Was going to order a 2021 RXC but waiting until the last day to see how this plays out. I’ll probably pass as I have my 17’ RXC which I love. Just not sure on the economy.

·
Registered
20,057 Posts
Was going to order a 2021 RXC but waiting until the last day to see how this plays out. I’ll probably pass as I have my 17’ RXC which I love. Just not sure on the economy.
I don’t think it is going well. I see doo and poo have extended their programs until may 1

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I don’t think it is going well. I see doo and poo have extended their programs until may 1
I saw that poo did but not doo. Surprised Cat has done anything. But then again they have been available for along time already.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'm planning on ordering a ZR 6000 RXC but I'm holding out for another week or two. I'd really like to have a new sled for this winter but the downturn in the economy has be second guessing what I should do. It would be nice if AC extends the deadline for another month or two. Forcing customers to decide now isn't going to be in their best interest.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm planning on ordering a ZR 6000 RXC but I'm holding out for another week or two. I'd really like to have a new sled for this winter but the downturn in the economy has be second guessing what I should do. It would be nice if AC extends the deadline for another month or two. Forcing customers to decide now isn't going to be in their best interest.
But if you think about it, arctic cat released and made their 2021 sleds available to order before people got their 2020s! So there’s been more than enough time to decide.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts