Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has ordered or plans to order a 137 Switchback for 2021. Maybe this will be the last chance to customize one?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I will by buying a used 18-21 137 Switchback in a few years... once the price hits my acceptable point. I have two 15 800 HO SB now, with all the rear racks, 2 up seat, backrests, side bags, rear bag, windshield bags, etc for family riding and ice fishing when needed, so I am committed to this chassis for years to come which is fine by me.

I have become accustomed to adjusting the rear spring or compression as my load changes to suit the desired ride.. take literally 20 seconds. That seems to be the only real downfall of this setup, that folks complain it has to be adjusted just right, where as the new XC has a wider range of "good" riding results.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That seems to be the only real downfall of this setup, that folks complain it has to be adjusted just right, where as the new XC has a wider range of "good" riding results.
Except that is a farce. The XC does not have a wider range, but since it is harder to adjust no one changes it. The rest is corrupted by the "my new machine is awesome" and "of course I made the right choice" emotions.

Deep snow, top speed and storage they suck for, the rest the bailer is awesome at.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Except that is a farce. The XC does not have a wider range, but since it is harder to adjust no one changes it. The rest is corrupted by the "my new machine is awesome" and "of course I made the right choice" emotions.

Deep snow, top speed and storage they suck for, the rest the bailer is awesome at.
^^^^ we found the Pro S to be quicker than the Indy. Top speed was better too, for the most part.

yep--I own both.
I love my Pro S's way better than my Indy.
I just picked up a 2019 850 SB Pro S.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,397 Posts
I ordered a 2021 XCR 850 Switchback, since I have a 2016 Pro-S and a 2018 XCR. I’m pretty much committed to this chassis for the next 4 years also, mostly because of the 4 year warranty - I know I’ll use it, and I have two capable backups when that happens!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the 20 Indy Xcr and came off the 18 SB XCR. Hate the Indy. Was going to spring check a 21 SB XCR. But now with all this matryx hype I'm worried I'm going to old tech and should just wait a year for the Matryx XCR.
Painful decision. LOL

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have the 20 Indy Xcr and came off the 18 SB XCR. Hate the Indy. Was going to spring check a 21 SB XCR. But now with all this matryx hype I'm worried I'm going to old tech and should just wait a year for the Matryx XCR.
Painful decision. LOL
What didn't you like about the Indy?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Painful decision. LOL
I faced the EXACT same dilemma a year ago when everyone was running around saying how great your current sled was going to be. Look back through some of the old threads here and there are plenty of people who feel the same as you about the Indy and wish they kept their old Switchback.
The Matryx suspension is basically the same as what you currently have with a few shock tweaks, the only major upgrade was the seat and forward plastic. Is it going to fix what you don't like about the Indy?

As you can see I bought the Switchback and don't regret staying with the old chassis one bit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just traded my 16 600 swb for a 650 launch 137, hope i made the right decision. Guess ill find out next winter

·
Registered
50 Posts

What do you find harder to adjust?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rear end is way too soft. Torsion springs are not the fix. Shocks need to be redone to my weight and riding style. Will do that over the summer if I don't order the XCR SB.
Be interesting to see what re-tuning those shocks does. Not a fan of how they relocated the reservoirs away from the end of the piston travel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 sb 800 and bought my wife a 19 indy 800 and the indy is better all the way around. Smoother ride no dartind,just better handling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On the fence about pulling the trigger as tomorrow is snowcheck deadline to ensure delivery by November 30th and with the whole Covid, just kinda in a cautious spending mode right now. Currently have a 2020 850 Assault with ES and 1.35 cobra and thinking of ordering the same setup in the Matryx platform. Not crazy about the colors this year or the plain jane graphics, but awfully hard to pass up 0% for 48 months. I think it has been several years since 0% and might be several years till we see it again. Absolutely love my 2020 in every way, plush ride, handles great, didnt get it stuck not once all last season riding in 4 feet of fresh powder, ultra smooth power delivery from the 850, excellent fuel economy, I could go on and on. Thinking the Matryx will just be even better than the Axys.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a 2017 sb 800 and bought my wife a 19 indy 800 and the indy is better all the way around. Smoother ride no dartind,just better handling.
I agree completely as I went from a 2017 SB 800 to a 2020 Indy XCR 850!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Suspension might not be set right on SB,i didnt like my rush xcr till i set it up right, turned it into the best sled i ever had. Polaris suggested spring preload on the rear is way too stiff, like if youre 200lbs, set it for 150-160ish, reduce preload on front end to almost none. only thing is i forget where to set fts, depends on handling i guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts