Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped for gas, and when I pulled away from the pump I noticed I had no headlight & the speedo went blank.It was only out for a few seconds then came back on so I started heading back.went about 20 mi. with no problem, and then the lights/screen started to interminttly go on, and off.Never stayed off for more than a few seconds but did it the rest of the way home.Also, one of the times I noticed when I was at a idle the RPM gauge showed 5,000rpm. Then about a mile from the cabin the red temp light came on but it seemed real dim and no matter how much powder I ran it through I could not get it to go out.I started it the next day no temp light, and I could not get it to act up again.I did not run it for a long time though. Just enough to make sure the coolant was circulating. Looking for idea's before I tear into this. When a voltage regulator goes does it always blow the bulbs? anyone have a lighting coil intermintly go bad ? bad ground? Any help would be apprecated.

G

·
that VERY SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME.....the fix is this.....the plug going into the regulator and short wire attached plug into another plug from engine.......IN THOSE PLUGS.....pull em apart and one has MALE DOINKS.....they screw in.....they are loose......tighten back up......if it shorts again it will cook the regulator....maybe you got it in time...its on the side with the secondary

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that VERY SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME.....the fix is this.....the plug going into the regulator and short wire attached plug into another plug from engine.......IN THOSE PLUGS.....pull em apart and one has MALE DOINKS.....they screw in.....they are loose......tighten back up......if it shorts again it will cook the regulator....maybe you got it in time...its on the side with the secondary[/b]
Do you have to pull the brace to get at these plugs? what color wires? thanks for the ideas. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Had this happen as well. Lost hi beams, then speedo/tach did the same thing, flickered, then came back on - I then lost the low beams and tail lights. I changed voltage regulator and replaced all bulbs as they were all blown. Has ran fine since with no other issues.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much is a voltage regulator? I hope it's that, and not the stator.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found a wire rubbed through going to the regulator. May get off cheap on this one.

G

·
Do you have to pull the brace to get at these plugs? what color wires? thanks for the ideas. :thumbsup:[/b]
no....black.....make sure you check plug doinks going to regulator even if wire rubbed....its a short wire off regulator

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no....black.....make sure you check plug doinks going to regulator even if wire rubbed....its a short wire off regulator[/b]
checked em all thats how I found the wire that was rubbing. Thanks,ZLZEBUB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts