Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, it's more of our faults then arctic cat's!! For the last two years we SLED HEADS, have pushed the sled manufactures to quickly come out with ( you all know) Light Weight, High power to weight, quick and tight handling,fast zero to 80, high top end and so on, and so on.... The 02 sno pro was the first sled of it's kind. Special built for raciing. About 680 of these were built for racing, and really a unknown. Arctic had little intention to build consumer F models (f5 & f7) and now (f6) that soon out of the shoot. YOU the buyer wanted it NOW. Remember last winter LITTLE SNOW, and it ender with a halt, late feb. not to much time to fine tune, and make the new sleds perfect. Cat knew something was up with ski-doo, (loosing blair) so they had no choice but to scramble. Iknow this for a fact..IF WE WOULD HAVE HAD A NORMAL, AMD EVEN A LATE WINTER, the problems would be cut in HALF!!!

SECOND ISSUE What is in your tank?????? go get a peanut butter jar (clean) fill it up..WATCH IT.. SMELL It. It is the most crappy looking, and toxic smelling stuff you could see..IT's not gasoline as we know it...

Any body who works on sleds, and better yet, anyone who has worked on GREEN CARBS, even after 3 months (OR LESS) will agree..

The piont is , how can any high output engine, which has some of the highest horse power per cc, BE EXPECTED TO RUN ON THIS CRAP!!!!!

Amoco oil states (SHELF LIFE ON GAS TODAY IS 4 WEEKS)

BUY ONLY PREMEMUN GAS, (maybee it's got lead)
, and use a half a can of sea-foam, to a tank.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
do the manufacturer's not travel to test if there's no snow at home? I disagree with your statement about the lack of snow affecting testing. GLS has said before that they had over 5000 miles on each of their test sleds (and that was back in about November.) Sorry, but I feel the lack of snow in MN has very little to do with testing. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I agree 100% that we should watch what fuel we put in our sleds. Don't pull up to stations that do not look like they get regular business and if you have no choice always carry around some fuel additive just in case.

I do feel it's a bunch of bull making excuses for a sled company just because of a poor winter! Please, all sled companies were faced with the same poor season. Also if you think any of these companies throw together a new model sled in one year and hope for good snow near the factory to test it properly your mistaken. These manufactureres are designing and building new model sleds 2, 3, 4 maybe 5 years ahead of time. The whole snowcross season of last year was a testing ground for these sleds! They also all have testing facilites in locations that the snow pack lasts much longer into the season then we are use to. In today's world of quality control standards (ISO, QS) there is absolutely no excuse for some of the issues that have happened on the F7.

Cat did build the F7 more on the edge than most sleds have been in the past but no where did I ever see it advertised as a "Race Only" sled with no warranty. They probably had more spring orders on this sled then any they have ever had in the past. Lets face it, Cat's engineering and maybe more so Quality Control dropped the ball on this sled. Yes the sled is awsome, its fast, light and handles great. I don't think with today's technology and cost of sleds that we should expect anything less than all of that plus reliability.

If we as consumers don't expect more from companies than we will be stuck with the same old product while still paying more year after year.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Just a thought i.m.h.o. ; I'd rather but 87 octane from a gas station knowing that it is the " fastest selling product " than taking a chance on the high test that has been in the underground tank for six months , especially in small town anywhere. Quality fuel is the main point here and I certainly won't arque that point with you, only the means of getting it !! Keep pouring the iso to it also!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts