Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a sxVmax700(97)and wants to race me, hes triple pipes, and i think it's bored or ported, 1in track and 96studs, my f6 is stock,1in track and 102 studs i was wondering who will win on the open field r :help: ace

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have a Sxr600 with pipes & spacers & clutch... and I have a new 05 Saber 600 that I got to run a little at the end of last winter. My son now drives the Yam, & in many impromptues, he has beaten me twice while I have won maybe half dozen times. Spring running with the EFI Cat gives me a huge advantage, next winter in colder weather the Cat may not be so lucky. The Cat always jumps a length or two right from stop but after that ????

If that guys 700 is set-up properly he'll have 135hp & except for a length from the start watch out for snow dust :Wow1:
I think a properly set-up Sxr700 with pipes could give a F-7 a fright!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Originally posted by Senior@Oct 11 2005, 09:16 AM
I think a properly set-up Sxr700 with pipes could give a F-7 a fright!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921911
[/quote]

an sxr? im not so sure about that. i ran a buddy with an sxr700 and i literally could make it across the field first, turn around, and meet him halfway back. if you meant an srx, thats probably more like it.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I had a bud with a 97 SXR with pipes....not saying it was a runner...but it wasn't very fast....sounded cool though....VERY cool.

·
Registered
21,087 Posts
1/2 the people out there that i run into, that brag about bored, ported, piped sleds, I can beat with my stock 600 zl or give them one hell of a run cuase they dont know how to tune them. They are really good at bolting things on though. Its the guy that says his sled is stock that you have to worry about. Because he will usually smoke you while you are standing still. And why are so worried about beating people in a race? are raceing tons of people for slips. If you wanna take out the vast majority of the sleds on the trail get a f9 or 1000 kit.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by otterbob@Oct 11 2005, 11:47 AM
an sxr?  im not so sure about that.  i ran a buddy with an sxr700 and i literally could make it across the field first, turn around, and meet him halfway back.  if you meant an srx, thats probably more like it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922173
[/quote]

No I meant a sxR, Was the one you ran piped???
The sxRs are almost 100lbs lighter than a srX even with pipes, now compare the piped sxRs 135+hp with a stock srXs 142-5hp & you see in most drags a properly set-up (& I stress PROPERLY) sxR will win because of weight advantage! Long runs usually go the srX thou because of height advantage. So compare that to a F-7! Drags > F-7....lake runs > srX with a piped sxR in between!

My piped sxR600 has outrun stock Viper & so has my S-6.
I also think it will outrun the F or S-6 in colder weather, I'll let you know in a couple months :doh:

·
Registered
425 Posts
l'll bet on the F-6. :smiley-faces7:

·
Premium Member
5,676 Posts
Well i hate to be the bearer of bad news but a properly tuned cpr setup sx700 with triples will give an F7 fits on the big end. The F6 is very quick but the triple will pull good numbers top end. IF it is set up right. Big IF at times. I have seen a well setup triple do real well against F7's and rev 8's on the lake. A stock sxr would be toast for the F6 however if properly setup. Have at it.!!

Jester :boxing: :wut60: :div20:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Solution to the problem....
Wait 2 months for snow and run them :celebrating:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Who is this freezer burnt guy. He never has anything positive or relevant to say. As far as the TOPIC. I have the 05 f6 and the only thing the has given me trouble was an 03 edge X 800 poo. However, i have ony lined up against 600 poo's and 700 doo's ZX chassis. and 2 600 ho revs. my advice..you need to stud. I am light and spin out off the start (no studs) but then i usually pull on everything. sorry no yammy experience.
Voltage

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i kno, he is an asswipe, gay ***, anyways thanks for all the info and keep it coming, by the way this sled is a sxVMAX not an sxr or srx

1 - 20 of 29 Posts