Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Polaris release of the '04 PRO-Xr, which has an basically identical chasis to the 440 they have set a neat precedent. Hopefully CAT will follow this year by making a real Sno-Pro with Cross link, 2.5" drop revised rails etc. to compete. It would be enough for me to change my F7 for an '04. Has anybody heard anything?

·
Registered
132 Posts
lets hope so, I am sick of putting consumer motors in 440 sno pro chassis and this year trying to make my F7 set up w/sp shocks and etc.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Guys, seriously....99.9% of the time the sno pro 440 valving will be rougher on the trails. I haven't had anyone ride my 02 440 that likes the ride through any bumps better than their own sled, F-cats included (from a comfort standpoint that is). This does not mean its bad. I love how it handles bumps, love how it never bottoms, especially over the monster bumps. It never gets out of control over the bumps. BUT, it ALWAYS rides rougher. I like it, and it's so damn fast on bottom end you can hardly hold on....OK maybe not that fast. I can almost guarantee that the Polari 800 whatever will NOT have the same valving as the 440 racer. It really is THAT stiff.

Amen

Cat S.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I agree. Hope cat or gls is reading this...Keep up..offer the true snopro shocks on the snopro package option

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
i agree! if polaris would have came out with a new chassis or styling i could possibly be riding polaris, but since they stil have the old body work and stuff and they seem very big and wide compared to the smaller firecat but they have the right idea. They basically dropped an 800 engine into their 440 chassis this means a tough sled that can take better abuse than the so called "x package" or "snopro" sleds that arent to stiff because trail riders will buy them and then complain of it being to stiff.

PEOPLE need to remember they should not buy these type of sleds if they arent going to ride them how they are designed to! it would be like tucker riding a zl in snowcross, it doesnt fit so riding a proxr or any other stiff sled in the trails probbaly isnt the smartest thing because it will be too stiff. im sure polaris is gonna get some trail riders complain that the proxr is too stiff for them!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I am riding a 02 Sno Pro right now & love it but want more power at times.If Cat. does not come out with something light with at least a 800cc I will be getting a Polaris Pro-XR 800.This sled is what I have always wanted.The 440 .X chassis,800cc engine,Sno-X shocks with CLICKERS,deep lug track bigger than 1.25 & a warranty.I am betting Cat. will not have a sled that will compete with this sled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts