Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must really love this sledin stuff. ive been torturing :frech32: myself pretty good for the last six weeks on the mountain bike 40+ miles per week and 3 times a week on the bow flex just so i'm not sucking wind when we run off trail which is most of the time. i turned thirty and found i spent half the season sucking wind when riding hard off trail by the time i would ride myself into shape the best sledding in the pow was over. i even layed off the 12 gingerail Any one else as crazy as me?????

By the way 12 oz weights dont count! lol :drunk: :beer:

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
i usually run at least 2 miles a day, but i haven't been lifting in quite awhile :banghead: i've been running since 2000 and i find that i never really get winded no matter how hard we ride :div20: :beer:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I know I could stand to lose about 10 pounds before the season starts. Plus I'll be having knee surgery soon. Hopefully the rehab will want me to keep going and get in better shape before the snow flies. Gets harder to keep in shape every year. SUCKS to get old.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ive been running 2.5 miles three days a week and lifting three days a week for about two years now.I dont get sore like i use to at the beginning of the season.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
How to prepare yourself for Snowmobiling

1. Go to your local snowmobile repair shop, smile and give the first
guy you see $200. This will get you used to spending money there on a regular basis.

2. Fill a 50-gallon barrel with sand. Lower it into a hole. Now lift it
out. If you can, add water to the sand and try it again. Do this 5 times per day. This will get your back in shape for those deep snow stucks.

3. Tie a rope to a heavy-duty spring. Pull the rope repeatedly with
each arm until the pain in your shoulders meets somewhere in middle
your back. This will get you in shape for starting your buds sled, which he conveniently forgot was out of gas and didn’t tell you.
It’s best to do this exercise while someone is spraying starting fluid into your nose and eyes also.

4. Drink four ounces of cod liver oil mixed with a strong laxative.
Dress with long underwear, wool pants, snowmobile bibs, insulated boots
and heavy coat.
Walk far into the woods without any paper products and wait for a personal
emergency. This get you prepare for the Beer sh&%s that come out of nowhere, and at the wrong time.

5. Place your hands in a bucket of ice water for 20 minutes. Put the
carburetor from your lawn mower in the bottom of your deep freeze.

6. Now climb
in the deep freeze, shut the lid and overhaul it while holding a pen light in your mouth. This gets you prepared to work on your sled in the freezing cold and black of night.
Advanced riders do this with a leatherman tool.

7. Dress up in your new $350 snowmobile bibs. Pour 2 stroke oil down the
right leg, gasoline down the other and Peppermint Schnapps and Beer all over the front. Fill your boots with ice cubes and ask your wife or girlfriend to dance.

This will prepare her for the stops at the local bar after a ride.

8. Put on a Balaclava and a full-face helmet. Attempt to drink hot chocolate through
the opening. Advanced riders attempt this while riding a lawn tractor over
in the nearest farmers’ field.

9. Find a place where you can pay $3.50 a gallon for regular gas; $19.99 per
quart of oil; $16 for a hamburger and frozen french fries; $3 for a
coke and
$60 to sleep in a cold cabin on a bed with springs sticking through the
mattress.
Stay for two nights, minimum. This will prepare you on the high cost of your future winter trips.

10. Practice explaining to your banker why you need another loan for a $40,000 truckto pull the four $10,000 toys, in your $9,000 trailer, that you still owe $40,000 on.

Now, you are 50% ready, and somewhat conditioned to head for the Mtns and
ride your sled.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dam you hit the nail on the head quebec addict- its so true its funny sledding is a crazy expensive sport that rewards you by a dealer saying your sled isnt worth crap because you rode it 2000 miles per year and you give away 3/4ths of your money if you ride it and keep it more than 2 years. if you trade it in less than two years you only loose 1/2 your money, but you might not have 1/2 the sled paid for yet, but you keep doing it over and over i must be a real slow learner on a short bus.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i might add the extra sledders bonus is riding to sledding "hot spots" that rape you like a bull queer in prison for fuel, food, parts oil. poor poor andy duefrane. sorry i just watched shawshank redemption

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by smclelan@Sep 16 2005, 08:18 PM

guy you see $200. This will get you used to spending money there on a regular basis.

out. If you can, add water to the sand and try it again. Do this 5 times per day. This will get your back in shape for those deep snow stucks.

your back. This will get you in shape for starting your buds sled, which he conveniently forgot was out of gas and didn’t tell you.
It’s best to do this exercise while someone is spraying starting fluid into your nose and eyes also.

and heavy coat.
emergency. This get you prepare for the Beer sh&%s that come out of nowhere, and at the wrong time.

6. Now climb
in the deep freeze, shut the lid and overhaul it while holding a pen light in your mouth. This gets you prepared to work on your sled in the freezing cold and black of night.

right leg, gasoline down the other and Peppermint Schnapps and Beer all over the front. Fill your boots with ice cubes and ask your wife or girlfriend to dance.

8. Put on a Balaclava and a full-face helmet. Attempt to drink hot chocolate through

coke and
mattress.
Stay for two nights, minimum. This will prepare you on the high cost of your future winter trips.

10. Practice explaining to your banker why you need another loan for a $40,000  truckto pull the four $10,000 toys, in your $9,000 trailer, that you still owe $40,000 on.

ride your sled.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=878404
[/quote]
Hahahaha :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I usually TRY to go to the YMCA 3 times a week, but I don't always make 3 days due to work or kid's stuff going on. I definitely hit it harder during the fall specifically to be in great shape for sledding...it does make a difference to me to be in good shape while riding.

·
Registered
736 Posts
since i hit 30 and 230lbs , i have been a regular at the gym.Now i can play hockey, softball, volleyball,and go sledding without too much pain or back problems that used to be associated with these things.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Yes, I drink less beer in the fall.
Not necesarily to prep for sledding but just cause it ain't so damn hot outside. :beer: Summer Sucks!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
yea.. i know i can stand to lose abut 10-15 pounds... i usually try to start working out and eating better before hunting season and sledding season

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,328 Posts
I'm in the process now of dropping 20 lbs. I have 15 to go, starting Monday I'll be working out three times a week. I like to start the season at 185lbs. then float between there and a 190lbs. Being in shape is definetly good for riding, it makes me laugh when I'm out having fun after riding all day and the guys ten years younger than me are crying there tired, sore etc. :frech11:

Since I've been a kid I always gain weight in the summer, probably from drinking a lot of pop when I was a kid and now it's :beer: :beer: too much food and laziness, summer makes me lethargic :smilielol:

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
Work is enough of a workout for me, lost 16lb in 6 weeks. 3 more to go, getting ready for race season. :beerchug:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Originally posted by smclelan@Sep 16 2005, 10:18 PM

and heavy coat.

6. Now climb

coke and
mattress.

10. Practice explaining to your banker why you need another loan for a $40,000  truckto pull the four $10,000 toys, in your $9,000 trailer, that you still owe $40,000 on.

ride your sled.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=878404
[/quote]

And who would trade it???? Anyone? ...... Anyone? I didnt think so! :frech32: :celebrating:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts