Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
#17, I ordered a ZR8000RR, first two stroke sled in 10 years. Have had 3 Turbos, going to try a new 2-stroke, I am sure I will love it, just hope I don't miss the power too much.

·
Super Moderator
2,518 Posts
#17, I ordered a ZR8000RR, first two stroke sled in 10 years. Have had 3 Turbos, going to try a new 2-stroke, I am sure I will love it, just hope I don't miss the power too much.
I did the same this past year. I was happy to be back on a 2-stroke....

·
Registered
246 Posts
ya, looking forward to going back to see. I am swapping the 1.25" track with a 1.5" track and putting the mountain ski's on before picking it up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not me, called my dealer and they informed me they are done selling Cats. Called the next two closest dealers and they had the same story.

I actually went to a local Poo dealer today and looked at the new Indy XC.

·
Registered
2017 ZR 6000 Roger Skime
999 Posts
I am for one not that worried about Cat and the future. I have also seen dealers also close up around me from BRP. We have a local dealer that sells Polaris and CAT and they are NOT doing well. Its not the products either, its the idiots running the business.

On another note... The 850, XCR, 129" does intrigue me..

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am for one not that worried about Cat and the future. I have also seen dealers also close up around me from BRP. We have a local dealer that sells Polaris and CAT and they are NOT doing well. Its not the products either, its the idiots running the business.

On another note... The 850, XCR, 129" does intrigue me..
Dealership I bought my last 4 sleds from is not closing, they are just not doing business with Arctic Cat anymore.

I cant logically talk myself into buying a Cat at a dealership that is over an hour away when I have Poo/Doo options less than 10 mins away.

Sucks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Not me, called my dealer and they informed me they are done selling Cats. Called the next two closest dealers and they had the same story.

I actually went to a local Poo dealer today and looked at the new Indy XC.
Yep my dealer in Newark is done but I’m going to sun and snow Saturday put money down on new 8000 rr
Sold my 19. I tried Polaris 850 xc last year very nice sled but I think I’ll stay with cat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I plan on ordering 2 Alpha mtn cats, And also possibly 2 riots I would like to find information on people who rode one already. I was hoping to get a 2 Cross country 8000 but they didn't offer it this year so i am guessing the riot is as close I will get but I am hoping for some decent trail manners. PS my previous name on here or my wifes was Amanda jo but she no longer has that email so had to create a new account before I get yelled at for being a newbie. LOL
So I guess it will be #18 #19#20#21

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yep my dealer in Newark is done but I’m going to sun and snow Saturday put money down on new 8000 rr
Sold my 19. I tried Polaris 850 xc last year very nice sled but I think I’ll stay with cat.
My last 4 sleds came from Newark....too bad because Todd and Jason are good guys and they have treated me well.

I bought an 08 F6SP from Sun & Snow when I lived in Syracuse and was less than impressed with the service dept. When I had issues they didn't want to work on it. I ended up taking it to North Syracuse Lawn and Snow (also dropping Cat) and they did all the warranty work with zero complaints.

I'm not going to take a chance with them again, hopefully you have better luck!

·
Registered
518 Posts
My last 4 sleds came from Newark....too bad because Todd and Jason are good guys and they have treated me well.

I bought an 08 F6SP from Sun & Snow when I lived in Syracuse and was less than impressed with the service dept. When I had issues they didn't want to work on it. I ended up taking it to North Syracuse Lawn and Snow (also dropping Cat) and they did all the warranty work with zero complaints.

I'm not going to take a chance with them again, hopefully you have better luck!
Yes Todd and Jason went above and beyond to keep the customer happy it’s a big loss to all of us in the area that dealt with them. My buddy deals with sun snow so I’ll go there on his recommendation. Did you price out a xcr 850 or xc 850 and what were the quotes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes Todd and Jason went above and beyond to keep the customer happy it’s a big loss to all of us in the area that dealt with them. My buddy deals with sun snow so I’ll go there on his recommendation. Did you price out a xcr 850 or xc 850 and what were the quotes.
I went with the intention of buying a 600 because my ZR6000 is fast enough for 95% of the riding I do. Only time I ever want more is on the lakes in Old Forge.

The 600 with electric start, painted rails, & painted tunnel is 12,621 + tax.

Today I woke up thinking "f*ck it, you only live once," might as well get the 850. Gonna sleep on it another night and if I decide to go 850 I'll let you know what they quote me.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
For you Rochester, NY guys there is Precision Power Service in Spencerport. They are still doing the 2020 Cats. Bought my 2017 Zr9000 from them with good results.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
#22 buddy just ordered a regular Riot 6000 traded a 14 Viper says he's too old for the weight of his 4 stroke so looking forward to a lighter more playful sled. Surprised me as he was very 4 stroke oriented for years. Hope it works out for him.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I went with the intention of buying a 600 because my ZR6000 is fast enough for 95% of the riding I do. Only time I ever want more is on the lakes in Old Forge.

The 600 with electric start, painted rails, & painted tunnel is 12,621 + tax.

Today I woke up thinking "f*ck it, you only live once," might as well get the 850. Gonna sleep on it another night and if I decide to go 850 I'll let you know what they quote me.
Stick with Cat, you can get an 800 cat for the price of a 600 POO or DOO. I don`t typically care where I buy my snowmobiles, I will travel. Just buy all the oil, accessories, gear, belts, etc at the beginning of the year and you are good for the season. You typically don`t need service the first year of sled unless something happens under warranty, so you have to make one trip mid-season to your closest dealer. All my dealers are an hour away. Not that big of a deal. But I understand, not everyone thinks the same and what`s good for me may not be good to someone else. Just beware of the 850 Polaris. I have 5 people I know that bought them and 3 of them blew up. One at 17 miles, one at 57 miles and one at 300 miles. One of them got a new motor and 300 miles later it blew up. He spent half the season on a borrowed sled.

41 - 60 of 191 Posts