Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
I'm a happy camper this week. Last weekend while running a rally My son and I hit a LONG stubble field. A hot dog on a 2002 MXZ800 goes blasting past the two of us. With no one in site for miles I decided to see if after all my work to my Sled if I could chase this guy down. The snow was typical field conditions so the century mark was out of the question.

I caught the guy half way and he realized what I was doing. So he guns it. I immediately put it to the bars ( BTW still love the ski lift! )

I caught him and past the guy!

We stopped at a rest station a fews miles up after I stopped to let my son catch up. The guy was obviously pissed because he was asking what kind of "CRAP" I was running!

Al I have to say is I'll keep the 700. Theres nothing better than a Sleeper.

BTW D&D pipes, powerbreather, BM head, Various Clutch items.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sounds like the guys is a poor losser...like you said theres nothing better then a sleeper.

·
Registered
168 Posts
it was a SKI DOO vs an ARCTIC CAT it like puting a mini Z against a Zr 440 of course the Arcticat will win unless the other sled is way bigger i mean ARCTICATS might not be the most relleblie but they deffinetly are the fastest

·
Registered
931 Posts
zrjoe, have you ever gunned your machine? i have a 99 stock except clutching and jetting and ran 105 something in 2000 would probably run the same in 1500 as the speedo just stoped climbing well before i went through.just curiuos

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine only runs 105. I'm using the stock gearing. Out here we run a lot of fields so you need a little midrange ommph.

I run 8100 rpm at 105 as well. But I can get up there in a heartbeat!

If you want more you have to gear up!

·
Registered
978 Posts
i was on the top of a mountain and some guy on an mxz 700 was all over me, tellin me my sled sucks, i was only 14 and im like OK i dont care man... i opened the hood and went down to the lake, he followed me to the lake...his buddy on the mxz 600 was almost crying because he thought he was fast, then i beat the 700 too, a great day for me im willing to bet i was pullin more than 105 on the very packed cold conditions for about a mile or less

1 - 6 of 6 Posts