Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no speed limit

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I dont think it matters,

I think as long as people keep getting hurt and as long as they keep writing more tickets, the lawmakers will eventually have enough ammunition to get thier way. I know that they were working on putting all vehicular offences on you drivers license ie.. boats, atv, sleds etc. did that ever happen?

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Yeah it really don't matter cuz it's only at night when the real idiots come out. Don't usually ride that fast at night anyways just for the fact of deer and stupid stuff you see some times! :cn:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Yeah it really don't matter cuz it's only at night when the real idiots come out. Don't usually ride that fast at night anyways just for the fact of deer and stupid stuff you see some times! :cn:[/b]
I ride faster at night than during the day cause you can see headlights -sell that f7 - and get a 340 or a 120 to better suit your needs if you can't hang. Big dog LOL . Idiots will be idiots.

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Yeah well have fun there big guy! I guess i just can't see why everyone is crying over this stupid night time speed limit!! If i have to ride a 100 mph at night to be one of the guys,so be it!Guess as long as it's a safe winter, who really cares! Geez! :beerchug: :cn:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Day time riding is much more dangerous, you cant see people comming on blind curves and hills as well as the glare issues

·
Registered
523 Posts
Day time riding is much more dangerous, you cant see people comming on blind curves and hills as well as the glare issues[/b]
I agree with that last post, too. My wife almost got creamed by some idiot on a Yamaha RX1 two winters ago on a blind corner on Trail 17 near Vandercook Rd by Woodruff. His windshield, as well as the next 6-8 sleds all had "Team Insane" on them. At night they both would have known the other was coming. I don't go much over 50 at night anyway, so it doesn't matter here either. As for offenses on driver's licenses, the only thing that will show up isif you get an OWI on a sled, ATV, boat, etc and refuse to take the blood/breath/urine test. Then it will show as a refusal OWI conviction. I know of no other legislation in the works to expand on that.

Heading up this weekend praying hard and dancing my buns off for snow!!
Wayne

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Day time riding is much more dangerous, you cant see people comming on blind curves and hills as well as the glare issues[/b]
I LOVE DAY TIME RIDDING MORE THAN NIGHT TIME. I will agree with the blind courners at the day time. but are WHOLE GROUP DOES LIKE RIDDING DURING THE DAY. UNLESS WE ARE UP IN MICHIGAN, WE PULL ALL NIGHTERS THERE.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I'll agree that its easier to see oncoming sleds at night because you can see their headlight, but at night its a lot harder to read the terrain and to see upcoming corners.
I could personally care less either way, I dont ride at night.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I am sure you all know my feelings on this idiotic night time speed limit.

I am not concerned about being able to exceed 100 MPH at night, I just do not want to constantly keep on eye on my speedo to try and stay legal and possibly miss important terrain clues or a flash of fur coming out of the woods to cross in front of me.

They wot be sitting in the twisties, they will be sitting on the wide open area's where it is plenty safe to exceed 55 mph.

We all know damn well that they are going to try & justify the $12,000.00 plus they spent on new radar guns by making up that amount in fines.

Somehow some of you have the idea that you will be let off with a warning if you are not drinking. That is way doubtful!! I think you would have a better chance of the warden giving you a hummer or a rim-job before he let you go for speeding even if you are fully sober.

this is a useless law based on the opinion of certain legislative bodies and is in no way based on a scientifically derived set of fact's.

And for the people that do not ride at night, why should this matter even concern you??? I ride almost exclusively at night. I prefer the ability to see oncoming sleds and being able to see the terrain changes by the aid of shadows cast by my headlights. Daytime has too many "rental mentals" out there with no clue about trail ettiquette and understnading that they need to stay right on blind corners. I have had more close calls during daytime riding than at night!! it is too dangerous out there during the day.

Another item. I WORK DAYS!! I CANNOT RIDE DURING THE DAY!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Yup.... I am with G2O. And I dont think our sport is one that needs the states supervision. This is a money maker law. You just know everyo one of those tickets will be when they are sitting on a lake you can easily get going over 55 and be riding very safe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
does the 55 speed limit go for lakes also? i'm not fully aware of the 55 speed limit but i am under the asumtion that it was for on the trails only
i'm sure that the dnr will be out but if you get pulled on a lake by a local cop make sure he is dnr also i got out of an accused wreckless driving that way on a lake

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
does the 55 speed limit go for lakes also? i'm not fully aware of the 55 speed limit but i am under the asumtion that it was for on the trails only
i'm sure that the dnr will be out but if you get pulled on a lake by a local cop make sure he is dnr also i got out of an accused wreckless driving that way on a lake[/b]
Yes it applies to lakes. Hopefully they will give you 10 over ya know.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i'm sure that the dnr will be out but if you get pulled on a lake by a local cop make sure he is dnr also i got out of an accused wreckless driving that way on a lake[/b]
lakes, ditches, roadways, trails.... applies to all of them! The only place it does not is on private property.

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
i thouht it didnt cover lakes because no one man could own it.

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Yes it especially covers lakes and waters in the state! The state owns most if not all water ways in the state.Thats why if you ice fish alot and know of a good lake to fish but it's surrounded by land owners who will not let you cross there land to get to it. All you need is a water way that is passable from the road or land you can get on and you can just walk up that. We've done that to a guy that just a real jerk and he called the cops and everything and they said that there was nothing he could do because we walked up the river and onto the pond on his property! Something to that effect i guess! :cn:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only exception is private land. I own about 4 miles of land that has local trails on them, if im on the trail thats on my land I can still get busted.

We just lost the votes to under 70%, this is crazy. I guess all you people who voted for the speed limit are lucky because you can save alot of money on sleds because you only need to buy a 340. You people are the ones drive 5 under the speedlimit in the left lane arnt you?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
if the private property has a marked trail on it open to the public it is under the jurisdiction of the state and the law applies on that trail. if it was fully private property without trail access you can legally exceed 55 at night.

F7luvr, I have had vacation-home owners bitch at me in the summertime on the Minocqua chain for fishing in front of their pier. They just do not have a clue sometimes. I was pulling crappies out from in front of their pier during a kids tournament, and the guy was swearing at us for fishing too close to his property.

BTW, the kid I had in the boat cleaned up in the Crappie category that weekend. his largest was 15 3/4" with nothing under 13" all released after the measuring.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts