Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m over Summer after this last week here in Iowa. 90-95 degree temps heat indexes pushing 100+
figured I’d post something here as this group slightly dead
does anyone from northern Wisconsin have any info or intel they can share about upcoming snow season and possible Covid return?

·
Administrator
20,699 Posts
I'm with ya .... tired of this crap!!! My A/C is running more than it's not, and I have the temps set at 75F inside.

For the upcoming season, I'm sure the business owners up north want nothing to do with any further lockdown stuff & want business as usual this winter

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,229 Posts
I was camping couple miles out of Lakewood this last weekend. Started talking to a campground worker, and ended up being trail boss for Red Arrow. Always good to talk about it in July! I asked if they still had lot of cleanup from last Summer's storms and they do still. Thanked him for his work!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m already thinkping what modifcation I want to do!
2017 9000 ace going to get clutch kit for sure maybe airbox mod as well

·
Registered
'17 ZR9000RR
1,594 Posts
It's been hot up here also, maybe not as hot as you boys have it, but considerably above normal for us.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,559 Posts
@Bontz only 75?? Mine never goes above 70 unless I go out of town for a couple days..... And yes, I have an AC unit in the GARAGE and it is set at 60!

I don't want to rain on anyone's idea of summer, its a good time of year for a lot of people, but constant heat and humidity is not my choice of weather!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
So car the past few days seemed really nice. I moved my house in the 90 degrees and peak humidity. Shirt was 100% wet at the end of the day. 85 less humidity is comfortable to me now lol. Our new house, yard and driveway, past 330 pm is completely covered in shade. Its awesome! I love having the back be woods on a hillside going up on the west side. Gound a great mosquito spray to keep the bugs way way down too. I'm ready for cooler weather, but not quite winter yet.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Here's how I am dealing with the heat!

View attachment 2104848 View attachment 2104849

Ive got 71.8 MPH on GPS, gauge reads about 73/74, truthfully i'm getting 70-72. 06 H2X Boss with 140 hours on a 496 Mag HO.

Right on! Merc big block and bravo? Good speeds for that hull!

I run a little slower... but it feels faster since my butt is about 3" above the water, lol.

·
Insane Madcatter
06 F7 EFI / 00 MXZ 600
155 Posts
I run a little slower... but it feels faster since my butt is about 3" above the water, lol.
Whatcha got for an outfit?
I have a buddy with a Nordic 25, thing runs high 70's.
My H2X is very rare, not many have the HO, I searched the country and found about 4-5 of them... most have the normal 496 Mag, which is still a great powerplant, the only real difference is 3-4MPH on top end, but I wanted that :D.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Whatcha got for an outfit?
I have a buddy with a Nordic 25, thing runs high 70's.
My H2X is very rare, not many have the HO, I searched the country and found about 4-5 of them... most have the normal 496 Mag, which is still a great powerplant, the only real difference is 3-4MPH on top end, but I wanted that :D.
78 Sleekcraft Twin Tunnel (modvp hull) with a Mercruiser 260 (chevy 350 + alpha drive). Bunch of bolt ons.... right now I'm topping out at 57mph. I used to run 63-65 somewhere, but I tore my skeg off and installed a slip on stainless skeg... cannot believe how much that killed my speed, but it did. Haven't replaced it because I'm saving to find a shortie Alpha SS to get this boat where it needs to be, just bolting that on will be 5-7mph on top of the 65ish... 70+ is where this hull will start to feel amazing when it packs the tunnels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts