Hardcore Sledder banner

Who is Jumping Ship?

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
Never heard of that. So you are having the new buyer basically buy the sled from the dealership? If so that kind of de-rates the purpose of buying used. AKA saving money on taxes if you know what I mean. If was buying a used sled and had to pay full tax on it I'd say thanks but no thanks.
Or you can look at it this way.........you have to pay the tax either way, so it's no difference buying direct from the seller or buying from a dealer...

I will say this, I have a sales tax license that I will not jeopardize for someone else to save a couple bucks on a sled they are buying from me.....and NY has started checking in on this type of stuff recently. Whether buying direct from me or thru the dealer, we agree on the price and I make sure the buyer knows that price is the price going on the sales paperwork so they are aware from the get go......

Reactions: SShooterZ

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Or you can look at it this way.........you have to pay the tax either way, so it's no difference buying direct from the seller or buying from a dealer...

I will say this, I have a sales tax license that I will not jeopardize for someone else to save a couple bucks on a sled they are buying from me.....and NY has started checking in on this type of stuff recently. Whether buying direct from me or thru the dealer, we agree on the price and I make sure the buyer knows that price is the price going on the sales paperwork so they are aware from the get go......
Minnesota does not charge sales tax on non dealer sales. So glad I live here.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts

That was the point I was making. Most people sellers and buyers of used take care of each other. So if I was buying used I'd expect to have a cheaper bill of sale or may as well buy from the dealer and not some dude off the street. But that's why I buy new anyways, not much savings on newer used stuff with low miles. Carry on now boys, thanks for clearing this up for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does jumping ship from 2 strokes all my life to a 4 stroke count?
850XRS> 900R xrs for 22

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Does jumping ship from 2 strokes all my life to a 4 stroke count?
850XRS> 900R xrs for 22

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I was very close to doing exactly that. Probably regret not doing it... but I had never ridden a newer Skidoo, let alone a 4 stroke.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Thats good stuff but can't you try and photoshop a snowmobile suit on him?
It’s all about the mittens! He rides one of those new Taiga snowmobiles... he’s pi$$ed because there are no charging stations on the trail yet, and his buddies riding Zuke powered Cats just left him there.

·
Registered
20,620 Posts
I see country cat has jumped ship from cat’s dirt line to Kawasaki off road. Do you think they will re name it country cow?

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 RR
2,303 Posts
I see country cat has jumped ship from cat’s dirt line to Kawasaki off road. Do you think they will re name it country cow?
Not good info here.
Country Cat did not “jump ship”
They still sell Acrtic Cat ATV’s and UTV’s

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
It’s all about the mittens! He rides one of those new Taiga snowmobiles... he’s pi$$ed because there are no charging stations on the trail yet, and his buddies riding Zuke powered Cats just left him there.
Maybe they will plant some of those electric trees to plug the electric sleds into

·
Registered
20,620 Posts
Not good info here.
Country Cat did not “jump ship”
They still sell Acrtic Cat ATV’s and UTV’s
I find it odd kawi is setting up a lot of cat dealers and they are selling more kawi than cat atvs. I was actually surprised to see country cat got them now.

221 - 240 of 241 Posts