Hardcore Sledder banner

Who is Jumping Ship?

201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Exactly. The people that upgrade every year don’t get attached to the sled and burn it. It is less money than buying the god sled f7 every year and having to piece it together to make it through a season
10 years in a row for me. $1500-$2000 on average. You can’t rent sleds for the winter for that money and I have the latest and greatest every year. I never get attached. Life’s too short for that “die hard” crap.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
I'm not sure thats legal in NY, I'll check on it though
It is. PM me and I'll explain what I do and how to do it legally.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
10 years in a row for me. $1500-$2000 on average. You can’t rent sleds for the winter for that money and I have the latest and greatest every year. I never get attached. Life’s too short for that “die hard” crap.
Another factor people don't think about..... you always are under warranty also. Not that anyone wants to think something will happen, but at least if it does, there isn't any out of pocket repair costs. That's worth some value also......

·
Registered
598 Posts
Another factor people don't think about..... you always are under warranty also. Not that anyone wants to think something will happen, but at least if it does, there isn't any out of pocket repair costs. That's worth some value also......
You are not wrong about that. A buddy of ours used to trade his sled in every season and his wifes every other season to stay under warranty. The big plus for him was lowering the risk of engine failure when on big trips and the down time that goes with it

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
No ship jumping here. Was going to order a 6000 Limited, but after visiting with my dealer this morning, probably going to the 6000 RR. Will add the trail blazer kit as well as tunnel flares and goggle bag and mirrors. Opting out of the handle bar bag. Medium Green front Mountain Bumper. Was worried to much green but in person, it is just STUNNING!

·
Registered
2021 Riot 8000
12 Posts
Actually that’s not that much money especially if he turns and burns them yearly. Might cost him 10k. Look into the boating world and 8 sleds is the drop in the bucket
Ha! Definitely the truth. I just started looking at boats, but then immediately stopped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did not jump ship, still have my RR and my kids zr 120. I will not be buying a New cat until they put something out worthwhile.

Last year I snow checked a 2021 Matrix Assualt 850 that will stay in my stable. Currently my favorite sled.

This year I almost snow checked a thundercat, but decided to get a Matrix XCR 850 136.

Hopefully in the next year or two I will be back in a new cat when they get there shit together and start listening to their customers.

*for people saying they a lot of people are not jumping ship...i have seen a shitload of arctic cat owners on forms and Facebook buying new Polaris or ski-doo. A lot of revenue being removed from cat and going to other manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I did not jump ship, still have my RR and my kids zr 120. I will not be buying a New cat until they put something out worthwhile.

Last year I snow checked a 2021 Matrix Assualt 850 that will stay in my stable. Currently my favorite sled.

This year I almost snow checked a thundercat, but decided to get a Matrix XCR 850]

Um, based on your answer and OP subject you basically did jump ship in 2020 and then jumped on another ship this year.. no?

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm making my 2017 ZR6000RS new again.
Dropping in a long block and re-build the shocks.
9500+ excellent miles with just general maintenance.
Nothing since has "wowed" me to the point of getting something else.
I'll re-evaluate in 9000 miles, or 3 years, which ever comes first.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
You don't trade the sled in, but instead do an in and out of the dealership. Sell it it for a good buck through the dealer, save on the tax for the new one. $1500\yr to upgrade is easy.

Never heard of that. So you are having the new buyer basically buy the sled from the dealership? If so that kind of de-rates the purpose of buying used. AKA saving money on taxes if you know what I mean. If was buying a used sled and had to pay full tax on it I'd say thanks but no thanks.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Never heard of that. So you are having the new buyer basically buy the sled from the dealership? If so that kind of de-rates the purpose of buying used. AKA saving money on taxes if you know what I mean. If was buying a used sled and had to pay full tax on it I'd say thanks but no thanks.
In Canada you have to pay full tax, used to be half about 10yrs ago but we have to pay for that "free healthcare". But yes, the buyer has to pay at the dealership for the price you both agree on. It's still a deal for the buyer though as a dealer used price on a 1yr old sled is generally what one would have paid during springcheck.

201 - 220 of 241 Posts