Hardcore Sledder banner

Who is Jumping Ship?

181 - 200 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Stopped by my local Cat dealer today because I was feeling guilty for getting Polaris quotes. In all fairness, the Cat dealer in Hayward, Wi is really inexperienced and has only had Cat since last May. This is the first time the Sales Manager's been through Cat's Spring snow check program. I asked the Sales Manager about a quote on a 6000 RR and Limited. He came in at the same price as a Polaris Indy 650 XC (within $100). Which made me sad.....

I currently have my '17 ZR6000 Roger Skime for sale and asked him what it's roughly worth retail..... he didn't know who Roger Skime is and didn't know anything about my sled. That made me sad....

MY POINT: As Cat has lost market share, they've also lost many quality Cat dealers. Cat's dealer network isn't doing Cat any favors. The Hayward dealer was only able to get 6 Cat sleds to sell last winter. 2 Blasts, 2 Riot X's, and 2 Riots. Of those, he still has 4 sleds sitting there including the 2 Blasts. I didn't get a confident feeling in this dealer's ability to take care of me....
i hope you aren't the guy selling his 17 RS in Solon Springs.. the guy kept the signed windshield in plastic and all. That may be my favorite cat sled ever. Roger is the last man with true cat passion.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #182 (Edited)
i know i am young at 23 but i have been on cat since i have been racing kitty cats. been on 8 cats since my 1997 kitty cat. i feel guilty getting an XCR next year but cat needs to listen to their customers more. the moment cat comes out with something new I will be back.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
i hope you aren't the guy selling his 17 RS in Solon Springs.. the guy kept the signed windshield in plastic and all. That may be my favorite cat sled ever. Roger is the last man with true cat passion.
Yep- that is my RS! Great sled......
I am always the guy that has to have the latest chassis or engine or feature. I bought my '10 SnoPro 500 because it was the new chassis. I bought my '12 F800 50th Anniversary Retro because it was a special edition. My '14 ZR6000RR because the 600 motor was new. My Roger Skime was because it was a special edition.

I was waiting for something for the Cat 60th...ZIPPO.....I would have bought it. The temptation of the Polaris Matryx is too strong! LOL

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Yep- that is my RS! Great sled......
I am always the guy that has to have the latest chassis or engine or feature. I bought my '10 SnoPro 500 because it was the new chassis. I bought my '12 F800 50th Anniversary Retro because it was a special edition. My '14 ZR6000RR because the 600 motor was new. My Roger Skime was because it was a special edition.

I was waiting for something for the Cat 60th...ZIPPO.....I would have bought it. The temptation of the Polaris Matryx is too strong! LOL
That is a great sled that you are selling. Roger is one of the most influential men that has ever come into snowmobiling. I feel the 17 RS is his last mark on snowmobiling.
It is very bittersweet.
I also went with a matrix this year. I will be back as soon as cat releases a new chassis

·
Registered
20,620 Posts
what the hell does that guy do for cash??? 8 new sleds a year and hopefully enough time to at least put a few miles on all of them? Thats living my dream too!
Actually that’s not that much money especially if he turns and burns them yearly. Might cost him 10k. Look into the boating world and 8 sleds is the drop in the bucket

·
Registered
836 Posts
Actually that’s not that much money especially if he turns and burns them yearly. Might cost him 10k. Look into the boating world and 8 sleds is the drop in the bucket
His dealer is taking better care of him than mine is if he's trading up every year for $2K per sled. Even if they only have 150 miles on them I don't think I could trade for that, but I've never traded a sled with less than 5000 miles so maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
His dealer is taking better care of him than mine is if he's trading up every year for $2K per sled. Even if they only have 150 miles on them I don't think I could trade for that, but I've never traded a sled with less than 5000 miles so maybe I'm wrong.
Up until this 2022 price increase, I've been able to upgrade for around a grand - $1500 a year. But take into consideration I also have to re-stud, new tunnel protectors, carbides, etc...... that stay with the sled....

Reactions: icecube

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Switchback Assault 850, 146" with all the fixin's on order!
501 Posts
Me! Jumping from Cat, to Polaris!

Reactions: gwilburn

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
well welcome to all those coming to polaris. i think you will like what you get. i was a cat guy long ago, and saw the light . polaris sleds have done me well. any of you getting a 650 or 850 are going to love the power those engines are laying down. my 850 only has one ride on it and got 15 mpg running as hard as it allowed me to run it. doesn't sound like much till gas is 5.00 a gallon next year. heading for 3.00 around here for no reason and shows no sign of stopping . gonna be a long summer but before long your garage will have that "new sled" smell my garage has right now. love going out there and smelling that , and there it is. all polished and covered up of course. only studs left, powder coated my backers blue to match over the weekend. 2 coats of translucent blue

·
Registered
836 Posts
Up until this 2022 price increase, I've been able to upgrade for around a grand - $1500 a year. But take into consideration I also have to re-stud, new tunnel protectors, carbides, etc...... that stay with the sled....
Thats definitely better than I'm doing. Last year Doo gave me $2000.00 incentive to trade from a 20 Renegade X with 2023 miles on it to a 21 Renegade X. Price difference on the sleds was about $300.00, then I had the dealer install skid plate, extra carbides, 12v outlets, plus transfer auxillary LED lights, Linq mounts and heated glovebox from my 20 to the 21. total out of pocket including sales tax, registration, etc was $2000.00. There may have been some other accessory stuff I'm forgetting, but I know I gave them my sled and $2000.00 cash. The last Cats I bought were from a Cat dealer thats no longer around. He traded my 1994 Formula Z with about 2000 miles on it and $500.00 for a new 95 ZR 580, and my wifes 94 Puma deluxe and $500.00 for a new 95 Z440. Probably the reason he aint around anymore.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i know i am young at 23 but i have been on cat since i have been racing kitty cats.
You started on Cat's as a kid and now love Cat,funny how that works huh? A lot of thick skulled guys saying Cat marketing the Blast line so hard somehow equates to them going out of business in a few years. :rolleyes: It couldn't be more the opposite. These guys just don't get it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, add me to the list. Priorities change, I decided that I needed a utility sled and BRP is undoubtedly the leader in the utility market. I will have a Tundra LT 600 efi in the stable next fall.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
You don't trade the sled in, but instead do an in and out of the dealership. Sell it it for a good buck through the dealer, save on the tax for the new one. $1500\yr to upgrade is easy.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
You don't trade the sled in, but instead do an in and out of the dealership. Sell it it for a good buck through the dealer, save on the tax for the new one. $1500\yr to upgrade is easy.

Exactly the way I do it

Reactions: Vinniemac and Lid2

·
Registered
20,620 Posts

Exactly. The people that upgrade every year don’t get attached to the sled and burn it. It is less money than buying the god sled f7 every year and having to piece it together to make it through a season

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well i ordered a 146 hardcore for 2022! Cat had the LED headlight first, alpha rail, short tunnel, one heck of an 800. I don't see why everyone is whining. I added the mtn.seat from arctic which for me is to make the seat look more modern but is straight from the arctic parts catalog!

·
Registered
836 Posts

I'm not sure thats legal in NY, I'll check on it though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well i ordered a 146 hardcore for 2022! Cat had the LED headlight first, alpha rail, short tunnel, one heck of an 800. I don't see why everyone is whining. I added the mtn.seat from arctic which for me is to make the seat look more modern but is straight from the arctic parts catalog!
2022 154 Hardcore on order here. The wait begins!

181 - 200 of 241 Posts