Hardcore Sledder banner

Who is Jumping Ship?

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After that performance, I am curious to know on if people are planning to jump ship from cat.
I am seriously considering Polaris. What are you guys planning on ordering for MY22?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been lurking here for a bit since Ive been looking to buy my first sled. So not really a jump ship or not for me but the release didn’t sway me either way. If I wanted a factory turbo 2 stroke then yes. But as Cat compares with the other brands I dont see much difference how they were before or after this release. If their prices stay inline with the past Im probably going green. I definitely get that if I had a newer cat this year wouldnt be making me want to upgrade so I definitely get the frustration. I mean that video was pretty amateurish and hard to watch. But I also am not into what looks flashy for the gram

·
Registered
598 Posts
Will probably be ordering a lynx rave. It felt like my 440/800 rev that did everything better than my 6000rr for ride

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
After owning several pro cross sleds and still have my 2017 RXC which is more of a backup sled nowadays, after waiting for something new year after year, I jumped ship 2019 for a Polaris 850 Indy XC (first poo since 1996) in hopes cat had a ringer for 2020, nope. So ordered a 2020 850 INDY XCR, waited for cats 2021 release and bam... nothing, so ordered a 2021 650 VR1. Seems to be a pattern here.... another let down and ordering a 2022 850 XCR.

I keep holding on to hope and I don’t know why. After riding the VR1 for a season, cat has their work cut out for them to get me back.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After owning several pro cross sleds and still have my 2017 RXC which is more of a backup sled nowadays, after waiting for something new year after year, I jumped ship 2019 for a Polaris 850 Indy XC (first poo since 1996) in hopes cat had a ringer for 2020, nope. So ordered a 2020 850 INDY XCR, waited for cats 2021 release and bam... nothing, so ordered a 2021 650 VR1. Seems to be a pattern here.... another let down and ordering a 2022 850 XCR.

I keep holding on to hope and I don’t know why. After riding the VR1 for a season, cat has their work cut out for them to get me back.
Whats your honest opinion going from cat to poo? The only thing i hate so much is having to leave my cat dealer. They are an amazing dealer and they treat us like family.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Whats your honest opinion going from cat to poo? The only thing i hate so much is having to leave my cat dealer. They are an amazing dealer and they treat us like family.
To my surprise It didn’t take long to feel right at home. Feels a lot more refined and light weight (because it is). I don’t think cats sleds are horrible by any means. They just remind me of an old school sled now after riding poo.

I’m into the new tech so the cats gauge to me is crap. I love having a nice big gps, excellent hand warmers, a firmer higher seat, warmer ride, cleaner running smoother engine, rear skid that’s more versatile, and Pulling the skis at will over junk on the trails.

I did have an issue with my 2020 850 but the dealer handled it quickly and Polaris was great to work with and covered it quickly. It’s been a great experience.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris XCR 850
1,290 Posts
I miss my CAT dealer too. I jumped a couple years back. I still have GREAT Cat people that I know will take me back if I can ever come back. Pulling for Cat.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I was in that Same situation years ago. Poo just simply wasn’t delivering what I liked or wanted in a sled . And leaving the dealer was my hang up. But I jumped ship and told the dealer how I appreciated the family treatment etc but I just couldn’t buy what poo was selling me .they understood and I kept in touch with them and maintained the friendship. I had doo, cat ,Yamaha then in 15 poo came out with something I felt good about and wanted so I went into shop said I’m back ordered my sled they gave me a great price and continued to treat me like family. Since then I’ve bought 5 more poo sleds and a wheeler. Ordering a 22. Point is a good dealer that treats you like family will understand. And welcome you back if that time comes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I will consider a Riot this year if the price point is good enough to keep me with them. They need to be substantially cheaper for me to consider one over an Assault.
I'm in the same boat. I don't care for the riot colors this year, but priced right I'd get one

·
Registered
905 Posts
I bought a 21 6000 RXC this past year. I couldn't be happier. This sled is by far my favorite sled and is a vast improvement over the past 2 procross sleds I have owned. Everyone is looking for a major change in a chassis and I'm not sure why. I can push the RXC very hard and it is a tough, extremely well handling sled that can take a lot of abuse. I rode quite a bit with both Polaris and Ski-Doo 850 sleds this year and I can tell you they didn't have anything on me. The RXC gets the job done and the best part is it only costs 11K.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'm jumping from Cat (been a Cataholic for 25 years !!!) back to Polaris (my last Poo was in '96) but fortunately, I am retaining the same dealer since they are taking on Polaris. What is amazing to me is you guys who buy a new sled every year. I'm sort of jealous ..... I make a good salary and live frugally (for the most part - although I do have 4 Bruins Season Tix's) .... but EVERY YEAR ???? You guys must make bank.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The meltdown of my 2020Tcat started my search for a different brand. The total lack of anything from cat in the way of goodwill, after 35 years and 26 Cat sleds finalized it for me. Try even finding certain cat parts. They are all on backorder I did watch the joke show last night. I wont be the only cat customer leaving

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm jumping from Cat (been a Cataholic for 25 years !!!) back to Polaris (my last Poo was in '96) but fortunately, I am retaining the same dealer since they are taking on Polaris. What is amazing to me is you guys who buy a new sled every year. I'm sort of jealous ..... I make a good salary and live frugally (for the most part - although I do have 4 Bruins Season Tix's) .... but EVERY YEAR ???? You guys must make bank.
Everyone has their drug...

·
Banned
235 Posts
I bet your 4 season tickets are close in price (maybe more?) than what the price difference is to trade up each year. Like was said earlier, everyone's got their drug!!! LOL

Reactions: Bullet68

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone get prices on the Poos yet? Curious what they are actually selling for. I guess one advantage of snowmaggen is the price is straight-forward. Compared to Poo MSRP it looks good, but I'm not sure what discounts people get.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've been pricing out a '22 850 XCR 136x1.6 with e start and 7s, cheapest i've found so far is $15,399 OTD w/ 4 year (msrp on the build sheet was $16,822)

It's happening, just a matter of which dealer is getting the sale.. so long Cat (for now)

1 - 20 of 241 Posts