Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
2022 650 VR1. Rode the 850 and 650 and liked the 650 more.
There are pros and cons to the difference between the two. The biggest is oil usage. Even though my 650 runs way more wot it still uses 30 percent less than my 850. After breakin way less clouds of smoke around the 650 too. 850 was annoying.

·
Banned
3,113 Posts
We demoed a 650 with 240 miles on it and blew it up 9 miles into the ride, I'm sure it was a fluke, and I'm a die hard Polaris guy so I'm not bashing! Just saying.
Not really that surprising when a demo of anything blows up. Dealer probably hammering it, customers hammering it, doubt it got broken in properly. Nobody cares when its not their money and Sled.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Not really that surprising when a demo of anything blows up. Dealer probably hammering it, customers hammering it, doubt it got broken in properly. Nobody cares when its not their money and Sled.
It’s not about hammering it with these new engines. They run stronger and longer when broken in hard. Seats the rings better. With the demos, it is more of a proper warm up routine. Most demo riders don’t really know how to run a machine routinely, or just don’t care as it isn’t their sled.

·
Registered
2021 Matryx VR1 650 Blue and Silver; 2002 Indy 500; 1993 Indy Trail Deluxe (original owner)
18 Posts
I bought a 2021 VR1 650 with 207 miles on the clock - got it mid-March so only drove it around the yard - very excited to get it on the trail this winter.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,559 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about my 650. It’s probably one of the very best trail motors ever put in a Polaris, excellent corner to corner power decent fuel mileage along with oil consumption. In the network of dealers I know which covers a vast area of NY I have only heard of one 650 going down last season. For everyone that snowchecked a 650 this season have no fear you made a good decision.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts