Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
So what are the major differences you noticed? I ride a procross now but have a 650 ordered. I did not get to ride one.
I never got along with the seating position was the biggest issue. I had no other issues I can really think of, the suspension and ride for the most part on my old RR was pretty great. I was looking to get more power than my 6000 CTEC, and I hate the seating and ergos on the Ski-Doo even more than the Cat, so I started looking at Polaris. Everytime I sit on an Axys it feels like that is how I am supposed to sit on a sled. It was only about an hour demo on a mix of mostly Indys, my favorite being the XCR, but I knew pretty quick that was all I needed to know I was switching. The seed was planted when I rented a SKS 155 out in Yellowstone last year. My only fear is that I wont like my 650 VR1 as much as I loved the 850 Indy XCR I demo'd, but I guess I will find out!

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 650
217 Posts
VR1 137, black and white

·
Premium Member
22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
3,334 Posts
I never got along with the seating position was the biggest issue. I had no other issues I can really think of, the suspension and ride for the most part on my old RR was pretty great. I was looking to get more power than my 6000 CTEC, and I hate the seating and ergos on the Ski-Doo even more than the Cat, so I started looking at Polaris. Everytime I sit on an Axys it feels like that is how I am supposed to sit on a sled. It was only about an hour demo on a mix of mostly Indys, my favorite being the XCR, but I knew pretty quick that was all I needed to know I was switching. The seed was planted when I rented a SKS 155 out in Yellowstone last year. My only fear is that I wont like my 650 VR1 as much as I loved the 850 Indy XCR I demo'd, but I guess I will find out!
You will love the 650! It makes as much power as a 2011 rush 800. I got a full afternoon on one in January. Super fun sled, impressed with the engine.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,559 Posts
(25) now not bad considering it’s mid July. A lot of people don’t even check in to this site in July. I’m sure there will quite a few more shortly.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,154 Posts
Oops, did I wander into the Indy forum?
Why are the sleds so short, and they have couplers on their suspensions...
Like northStarRick A lot of red and 146 x 15 x 1.5" ICE Storm
I Plan to have fun making life miserable for the 850 right in front of me. He'll get tired of looking over his shoulder, and having me wave.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Also going from 2020 XCR 850 to Launch edition 650, held off on snowcheck time so that's how I ended up with the Launch model.

·
Registered
348 Posts
What made you want to go from the 850 to a 650?
The 850s were awesome but more than what i could use trail riding. They had so much power it was ( for me) almost too much corner to corner and i always had to be careful i wasnt over shooting a corner or going to fast for a particular area. I know that sounds odd but actually after riding a 600 on the trails i was impressed at how smooth and more in control they were so I am hoping the 650 with a noticeable upgrade over a 600 is the perfect engine for the trails.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,559 Posts
The 850s were awesome but more than what i could use trail riding. They had so much power it was ( for me) almost too much corner to corner and i always had to be careful i wasnt over shooting a corner or going to fast for a particular area. I know that sounds odd but actually after riding a 600 on the trails i was impressed at how smooth and more in control they were so I am hoping the 650 with a noticeable upgrade over a 600 is the perfect engine for the trails.
I think that many will soon find out how awesome this 650 will be through the woods.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Man im starting to get pretty excited for my sled! The last 2 days it has cooled off a bit and got my snowmobile itch flared up! Even though I'll be on the boat this weekend lol.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,559 Posts
Man im starting to get pretty excited for my sled! The last 2 days it has cooled off a bit and got my snowmobile itch flared up! Even though I'll be on the boat this weekend lol.
Yea I know the feeling last week we had morning temps in the 40’s. Haven’t been on our boat in three weeks and can’t wait to pull it out and get it into winter storage. My boating interest only last for part of June all of July and part of August after that I could care less about boating. I have two new VR1’s coming and can’t wait for them to get here.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts