Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
So what are the major differences you noticed? I ride a procross now but have a 650 ordered. I did not get to ride one.
I never got along with the seating position was the biggest issue. I had no other issues I can really think of, the suspension and ride for the most part on my old RR was pretty great. I was looking to get more power than my 6000 CTEC, and I hate the seating and ergos on the Ski-Doo even more than the Cat, so I started looking at Polaris. Everytime I sit on an Axys it feels like that is how I am supposed to sit on a sled. It was only about an hour demo on a mix of mostly Indys, my favorite being the XCR, but I knew pretty quick that was all I needed to know I was switching. The seed was planted when I rented a SKS 155 out in Yellowstone last year. My only fear is that I wont like my 650 VR1 as much as I loved the 850 Indy XCR I demo'd, but I guess I will find out!

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault
2,505 Posts
I never got along with the seating position was the biggest issue. I had no other issues I can really think of, the suspension and ride for the most part on my old RR was pretty great. I was looking to get more power than my 6000 CTEC, and I hate the seating and ergos on the Ski-Doo even more than the Cat, so I started looking at Polaris. Everytime I sit on an Axys it feels like that is how I am supposed to sit on a sled. It was only about an hour demo on a mix of mostly Indys, my favorite being the XCR, but I knew pretty quick that was all I needed to know I was switching. The seed was planted when I rented a SKS 155 out in Yellowstone last year. My only fear is that I wont like my 650 VR1 as much as I loved the 850 Indy XCR I demo'd, but I guess I will find out!
You will love the 650! It makes as much power as a 2011 rush 800. I got a full afternoon on one in January. Super fun sled, impressed with the engine.

·
Registered
20 XCR 850, 21 VR1 650, 21 VR1 850
932 Posts
(25) now not bad considering it’s mid July. A lot of people don’t even check in to this site in July. I’m sure there will quite a few more shortly.

·
Premium Member
4,532 Posts
Oops, did I wander into the Indy forum?
Why are the sleds so short, and they have couplers on their suspensions...
Like northStarRick A lot of red and 146 x 15 x 1.5" ICE Storm
I Plan to have fun making life miserable for the 850 right in front of me. He'll get tired of looking over his shoulder, and having me wave.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts