Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been no rumors about snowmobiles at all. With Almost all US state going out of control on Covid 19
are we going to see 2021 sleds at all. I would like my 650 V1

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Polaris is doing great. New military contract to build rzrs, and seeing unprecedented demand. Arctic cat started building sleds weeks ago and Ski doo started last week. Polaris usually starts late summer. I think they will be delivered as usual.

I just flew out west to yellowstone national park and no one wearing masks, everything is business as usual. Covid seems to only be in the states with democratic governors and in the fake news

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
You'll see it still 2021. Normal times. Somewhere between sept through December. I want to try the 650. I think polaris is doing good with this engine. Normally they start with a smaller engine and make it bigger. This time they made a big engine and then made the smaller off of it. That's the way to do it imo. You'll see your 650. Just don't be one of those guys who bothers the dealership everyday or yelling at them because it hasnt shown up early lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
In their last corporate earnings call in April, they said they anticipated some bottlenecks with some of their overseas sourced components from Italy and India but they were working with the suppliers to keep things moving.
I would hope given whats going on that they build sold units first and worry about dealer floorplan units last so deliveries are on time. We'll see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'll see it still 2021. Normal times. Somewhere between sept through December. I want to try the 650. I think polaris is doing good with this engine. Normally they start with a smaller engine and make it bigger. This time they made a big engine and then made the smaller off of it. That's the way to do it imo. You'll see your 650. Just don't be one of those guys who bothers the dealership everyday or yelling at them because it hasnt shown up early lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking for the smooth engine and real good gas millage, not for the difference in gas price, but i am looking for the distance i can go on a tank.
I think i have had 37 new Polaris sleds with biggest engine, always. I always said: all i ever wanted was a 700c/c with 140 H.P. Now i am close.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Yup that's why I am doubling down on this new engine. After several years of shit mpg with my ZR9k I am hoping this sled delivers. I want to be able to go 120+ miles between stops. Also I feel the power output from this motor should be just about perfect. I remember my brother's 2003 F7 to be awesome back in the day at 140hp, then my 2009 Nytro at 138HP was quite fun. So hopefully this engine is fun as well as efficient. I am really excited for this sled for myself but even more so for my wife. This is her first new sled and will be coming from her 2005 Yamaha RS Rage that she really enjoyed, fingers crossed she likes this one!

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
Quite a few of the Matryx snowmobile accessories will be shipping out to dealers in the next couple months. Polaris will be doing their best to meet the promised deadline for availability of 2021 Snowcheck sleds that were ordered by April 15, 2020. What the buyers should be doing is selecting what accessories they will want and make sure the dealers have them coming. One easy way to go shopping/browsing is to use the Polaris accessories shopping website.

Type in the sled year and model you are shopping for,

Click on the red Filter Results button

and then change the SORT BY to "product name", so similar items, will be grouped together.

Don't forget Maintenance items, like:

Drive Belt 600/650 3211165 $190 ---------- 45.16"L 10.625"CD
Drive belt 850/My20up800 3211215 $200 45.16"L 10.625"CD

For those that ordered sleds with the cool looking short windshields,
Now is the time to pick out a tall windshield so you will have it when winter turns COLD.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Already have a list
don’t forget belly skid, rca plug, And got to get handguard led accent lights. They also selling liners for dash glove box and under seat storage Not sure about that yet. Maybe different colored grill screen inserts the silver They come with looks off to me

·
Registered
20 850 Assault
2,476 Posts
I would go with the underseat liner for sure. Anything put in there will get wet. The storage is open at the bottom on top of the tunnel.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I waited until the last day to snowcheck. So I'm not expecting mine anytime before January 1st. Not a huge deal as i am keeping my current sled. If it comes sooner, its a bonus! If it comes later, shame on me lol.

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
Take a look here at the gray zippered top bag that they are using for the underseat storage, I think it's a good idea. If you have your tools and small parts in it, you can just unlatch the seat top and pull the bag out. Then carry it to where you will be working, and not have a trail of tools behind you.

Here's the link to the Polaris website, the price isn't too bad, either $50US

Reactions: 12meter joe

·
Registered
20 XCR 850, 21 VR1 650, 21 VR1 850
921 Posts
My last Five snowchecks were all built during the month of August so I would expect that at least one if not both of my snowchecks will be built around the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
With an August build time I'd hope all of us who had our orders placed by the 15th will receive them no later than Christmas. Preferably by the first week of December. @rynex with a August build time on yours, when was it available for pickup from the dealership?

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,655 Posts
We went through this months ago, so someone prove me wrong with written Polaris literature/proof. Not my dealer said, Joes cousin by his 4th wife said, etc, etc: If the sled is on the truck in the lot it counts as shipped by November 30th. Therefore it could be on that trailer till December?? and counts as shipped.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts