Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has torn one of these down and has any pictures? Be interesting to see one completely apart.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I took apart the clutches on my 2018 to install a clutch kit. And then upon selling it I tore them down again to remove the kit. Very easy to work on, but I did not take any pictures

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant full disassembly. Spider, moveable sheeve etc.

Ive removed cap and weights too

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! I believe the bearing has seals on both ends. Was it pretty complicated or not bad?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
About the same as any other clutch, but if I remember right, there wasn't any Loctite on the spider, which made it easier. Nothing complicated about it. I did have to modify my tools, I needed to grind a corner off of the flats to get the spider socket on there, but it wasn't bad. It still works for the arctic clutches, and now the TEAM clutches too.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. I had indy dan go through mine and add a 911 cover. To shim it for belt to sheeve they had to modify the spider a hair

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The reason I had this one apart, is the stationary sheave had moved on the shaft, causing the bearing to lock up. I pressed it back to its place and added a (fix) of my own to keep it there. I don't care for the pressed on sheave as opposed to the molded on shaft to sheave that they used to be. Team clutches are about as good as any out there, but longevity isn't any better than any of the other ones either. It's basically a heavier duty version of a P85 and and Cat clutch all rolled into 1. With a steel spider to boot. It's used on many different applications, ATV, UTV, sleds, you name it.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine was just cleaned and sheeves cut along with 911 cover put on. They said rollers and buttons were fine. Only has 1000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I believe FettBros Performance has a roller and slider kit, but I don't think anyone has a bushing kit. I'm not sure the bushings can be replaced on a TEAM clutch.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I've also taken them apart. No pictures though. Pretty easy to work on. Depending on the year its very likely I'm the one at Indy who worked on your team clutch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts