Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to remember which person had the strap on the back bumper to prevent flap from getting sucked under...I don't have the time to look through every one... :unsure: Thanks

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
1FastCat,

I suggested and did it on my F7. Use the link below to get the parts from your AC dealer or go to the hardware store and get 1" nylon web strap and some rivets.... I like the AC stuff because the rivet head comes black(large head also) and it was very inexpensive..... Hope this helps you.
-John

Click Here for part #'s

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jleo,

I used your idea and so far so good. No sucking here. Bought a strap at home depot. Attached it to flap with nut bolt and a few washers.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Does the AC Strap #9, part number 1606-712 come with the rivot? Or do you also have to order #12 and #15? From the picture it is hard to tell what is holding the strap to the flap. It looks like #12 and #15 are actually holding the flap on like #11 and #13, and not the strap?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Guys,

Save your money.!!! You don't need to use the CAT P/N to do this. Here is a pic of one that my brother just did. Got the strap from and old cover and the washer and rivet at Home Depot. Cost next to nothing to do!

·
Registered
720 Posts
The strap will also work great when we get our Reverse kits installed. I know on my EXT600, I always used to get the flap stuck when in reverse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts