Hardcore Sledder banner

Did you have any problems with your sled?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, lets see how many of us had problems with our sleds or not.

If you had problems, please list them. Thanks

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far not looking to bad. Guys lets answer this and find out how good the F7s are

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
I got the steering arm hitting the motor on mine. Didn't think I had anything, but recently found that :(

·
Registered
720 Posts
I only have 3.5 miles. You should have added another answer that said, "NOT YET"

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've went out twice and the second time (up to 67 miles now) the bolt for the front of the rear suspension fell out. Big deal!

Another is on the way - I think I have all of the parts already

·
Registered
100 Posts
75 miles and still praying to the sled gods! No problems, just took a ton of precautions.(Still not sure if I like having to do this on a BRAND NEW sled though!) Not bitchin', just hoping that the tides don't turn!

shainsaw :unsure:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far 30% 70%. I wonder want the mix would be if everone with a F7 took the poll.

Guys take the poll and lets see...

·
Registered
74 Posts
My only problem is that I can't turn left as much as I can turn right. I guess that the steering braket was welded incorrectly. AC does not have the parts yet! I have to left the rear end when I want to make tight turns to the left.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Do I count ?? :unsure: Can I vote twice :wacko:

Hmm.. Well, I had this small bubble in the coolant. Started as not a big deal, but, then it cooked my engine :blink: I got that fixed, and I rode it for 80 miles or so, and the only problem I think I can Find is that the pull rope is rubbing on the frame, but that was SUPPOSED to be fixed while the had my sled.

On my buddy's F7 (RED Saber SnoPro), The damn Front shocks are installed on the WRONG FRIGGIN SIDES. If you look at them, the bonehead that installed them put the remote reservior inlet on the INSIDE of the shocks

(left shock on Right side....Right shock on LEFT side -- think about & look at yours, seems IMPOSSIBLE until you move the reservior SOOO FAR that theres enough play in cable)

The only other thing is that the oil bottle cap will not stay on at all. we removed it to check injector level, and now it wont go back on :wacko:

MOSTLY JUST MINOR THINGS AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE :wacko: :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
fouled plugs, due to pre-mix low oil light on,will not shut off
had to burp coolant, done no bigg deal
died a couple of times for no apparent reason

now my buddy on the hand, suspesion weld broke, oops thats not cool
luckily he wasnt going very fast
broken welds on suspesion i would not call a minor problem

·
Registered
100 Posts
0 miles on the sled. Studded it last night.

But, the hood cables are both cutting into the airbox...I've only opened the hood a few times, and it is already cutting in severely. Is there a fix for this? (other than me moving the mounts? Other than that, front of hood rubs on belly pan when opening. Haven't had time to cause any serious damage yet!!! No (snow in the midwest...(minneapolis.)
KJ

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I have 9 miles on the grass and no major problems yet. I do have the steering post hitting the head, but other than that I'm just waiting for snow.
Bobalou B)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Only one ride so far 65 mles and the friggin thing is awsome. I hope I'm beyond the point of any trouble, but will feel better after the first full tank of real gas has been run through.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Picked mine uo last Saturday, it had all the updates on even the pull cord. Dealer performed the new burping procedure, also did it myself a couple of times. Checked it all over and ran 115 miles with no running problems, the only thing noticed was black oil coming from between the exhaust y pipe to the cylinder (PTO side). Removed the y pipe last night and found there was no gasket on that side. AC must have dropped it at the factory.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Put 120 miles on ours over the weekend in Ironwood, MI. Just noticed some brake fluid leaking somewhere on brake line. Easy to fix. Runs awesome!! (knock on wood) :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
150 - 170 miles on two F-7 std. pull cord on one, then got both fixed, dealer did all the burping so that's taken care of, Oil light came on both of them with the oil just below the throat of the oil tank...8 oz to fill... oil light started flashing, then the dash and headlights flashed, then the sled died. Put oil in and runs ok.. now seems to have a bogging problem. Besides that the sled is a great sled. I expect to have some bugs on a first year production sled so I'm definatley not unhappy with the two sleds. we will see what the year brings.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts