Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some ideas on who builds a good 1000 kit . (Cat overbore, Zr-800 cylinders) I would like to have it ported,& not high, high compression, with a single pipe. I've heard all kind of stories about this guy that guy, I need to hear from the people that are running this kind of performance. thanks Dan. This is an EFI, so I know i need to run a boondocker.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
speedwerx makes a nasty very impessive bt relible kit. brother ran on in his2002 ZR 800 cce last year. never got to run it on the trail, but the lake was a good enough test. only babied the sled for 4 miles, the next 720 were all ice racing, and let me tell you what, once the clutching and gearing was dialed in right, there wasnt nething on the lake that could touch this, the only sled that beat this was a full wahl bros lay down suspnsion 1220 t-cat, and it only beat that by half a sleds length. this was still a full bodied full stock suspension trail sled with chisel teeth studs and a speed track, now you tell me how that kit works. also ran with their rocket twin pipes, never had one problem all year, just pull cord and go

·
Registered
124 Posts
A little thing nobody tells you is replace pistons and rings around 1,000 to 1,500 miles after that you run the risk of rocking the piston in the cylinder and breaking a skirt off into the crankcase. So heads up but other wise these kits rip! :i_need_snow: :snowfall: :titties: :bounce:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.