Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who decided to go with the extended warranty on the F series? I bought the 3 year extension. You can sell it with the sled too!

·
Administrator
20,860 Posts
That makes two of us ... I did the same. Figured if anything, it's a selling point when trying to sell it privately. And with it being a first-year sled, I felt it was worth the extra cash.

·
Administrator
20,860 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic@Jan 15 2003, 11:35 AM
What did it cost you guys?
Marc .... breaking it down, it costs about $160/year for the extended warranty. Not a bad price considering they cover everything within the motor and suspension. And you get compensated for your miles to/from the dealer, as well as if you're required to rent a sled. I thought it was worth it, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do you have to buy the extended warranty, from the dealer you bought the sled from?

Also, does the extended warranty cover, shock recharging??

·
Administrator
20,860 Posts
Originally posted by Mike C@Jan 15 2003, 12:45 PM
Do you have to buy the extended warranty, from the dealer you bought the sled from?

Also, does the extended warranty cover, shock recharging??
Mike,

That's a fair question, and one that I'd have to look at the T's & C's of the contract. From what my dealer told me, he said it basically covers everything except the light bulbs and slides. In all honesty, I would have to say the shock recharge probably isn't covered ... but I could be wrong. I'll see if I can find the time tonight to look over the paperwork and give you a heads-up. And re: the purchase of the warranty, I got it when I paid for my sled. I do think you can still purchase it though, and it does NOT have to be through your dealer (I think any dealer can sell it, it's just a matter of what dealers participate in the program).

Chris

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks Chris, I would appreciate the information.

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
I got the extended warranty on my sled. I am planning on purchasing one for my wife's sled as well. I think it's a great thing to have!
cost me $300 4 years!! got it at cost at nesco in NY.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought the extended warranty. It's worth it for an all newly desinged sled. Plus it takes the worry off really driving for the time you have it. Pop the motor in year 3..oh well, no problem. Provided you didn't neglect anything that contributed to it. Have you seen the price of motors by the way, not cheap. Aanyway it cost me $900 bucks CAD. That's about $550 for you guys with no letters in your postal code south of the border.

Speedmerchant

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yeah I got the three year too, got dealer to throw in the extra years for 300 Cdn. Would have cost 900. Well worth it though cause I'm gonna have this baby for a while! :wub:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
All depends on your relationship with your dealer.

Can you say....shhhh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts