Hardcore Sledder banner
101 - 120 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
15 Pro-S/15 8RR/21 850 XRS
1,848 Posts
Holy shit. Softer than a stock 20 Xcr. Wtf. I couldn’t even ride one like that. Unreal. I hope they got thier shit together this year on the Xcr calibrations. I’m very skeptical based on past performance and the amount of guys that cry about aggressive sleds actaully being aggressive. We shall see. I think it has same springs stock as last year so I’m expecting more fake Xcr sleds . Hope I’m wrong. My buddy bought a lynx because it’s billed to be a bump monster. He like me are sick to death of the bullshit mash potatoe skids. So Its no big deal in the big picture but there goes one poo customer because of the sticker kit calibrations of the Xcr. Time will tell.
Cannot agree more. Now stands for XtraCushyRails. Pathetic. My 21XRS, XtraRubberySuspension

·
Registered
2022 Polaris XCR 850
1,581 Posts
The CAT RR I had a few years back was as advertised IMO (a bump masheen :). But until any of us has ridden the new XCR, it can't be judged. Lenstang claims goodness here & on his videos.
We'll see.
Gotta get the F'r in my garage is the first task.
I'll say that the RR was one of my top 3 masheens of all (my) time......

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Sure. Can’t be judged until we get them in hand. I agree. Lennstang is certainly a sled enthusiast and I appreciate his time and efforts with the videos etc. although our opinions on what is the proper calibration is often at different ends of the spectrum (which is also fine opinions vary and I can respect that ) gotta keep in mind on top of that I’m not convinced the sleds guys ride early are what we get in final calibration. Even in all the videos on the web for the 2022 different reviewers talk about it going through the bumps like it’s ready to rock but the bumps and speeds they are traveling through them is jr high or at least it appears that way in videos so It could just be deceiving ( I think it Was supertrax video but I could be wrong ) I have noticed poo and other media has been using the words “its not a dumbed down Xcr”and talk about putting head or knee over the spindle both which are common phrases here on this site so maybe they are paying attention and will actaully deliver a Xcr. My fingers are crossed. I actually hope I can come on here and eat crow publicly and spend a whole thread talking about how awesome it is and how they hit the nail on the head etc. at the end of the day I hope guys that want an XCR get it and guys that bought what they don’t need just stfu. Lol

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
When ordering hi/lo adjusters from WE Chris asked me if I wanted the new valve stack or old. I asked what was the difference and he said new can be stiffened up more than old. The adjusters for ifs are different than the ones for rear suspension. Hopefully they got them so everyone can find their own sweet spot.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I find it hard to believe the XCR outsold the VR1. But then again it seems like everyone and their brother thinks they “need” the XCR. When the truth is 75% of them couldn’t outride VR1 past it’s limitations. LOL
The day I ordered my XRS the 4 people in front of me all ordered 850 XCR's. Dealer said they were selling a lot of them.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,316 Posts
On the MY22 Matryx 650/850 INDY XCR 128/136 sleds, Polaris is mounting IFS, FTS and RTS shocks that are not used on any other models.

I hope that makes some of you folks more comfortable that they will not have the same shock valving as other sleds.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
On the MY22 Matryx 650/850 INDY XCR 128/136 sleds, Polaris is mounting IFS, FTS and RTS shocks that are not used on any other models.

I hope that makes some of you folks more comfortable that they will not have the same shock valving as other sleds.
Well part number would be different just because nothing else has hi/lo adjusters.

·
Registered
692 Posts
The CAT RR I had a few years back was as advertised IMO (a bump masheen :). But until any of us has ridden the new XCR, it can't be judged. Lenstang claims goodness here & on his videos.
We'll see.
Gotta get the F'r in my garage is the first task.
I'll say that the RR was one of my top 3 masheens of all (my) time......
I've ridden it in March with the snow Trax guys. I rode the 650 and it was noticeably stiffer than the VR1. I could feel it immediately.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sorry, I know you were there & the Red-Black is awesome but, RW&B is the BEST! :p
They both looked good. The red and black is a little more stealth and not as obviously an XCR to the untrained eye.

Most wanted to ride the 850 as it was a 136. I loved the 650 as it was a 128" and got some good seat time on it.

I ended up ordering a 650 VR1 because that sled felt the most "right" to me. I had the most confidence on it. I don't ride like a maniac so the xcr would be overkill. .

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Just needs black vents!
Mine will get painted black as soon as it arrives...last year on VR1 i paid for the overpriced polaris blue ones....on the Assault I simply spray bombed them red for $6.....neither looked any better than the other

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine will get painted black as soon as it arrives...last year on VR1 i paid for the overpriced polaris blue ones....on the Assault I simply spray bombed them red for $6.....neither looked any better than the other
Use spray can fleet coating, its enamel and wont ever flake. I repaired a tunnel and used it, was blown away how it sprayed on and couldn't tell it wasn't factory.

101 - 120 of 256 Posts