Hardcore Sledder banner
81 - 100 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I hope the XCR didn't out sell the VR1. Because there's not that many people that actually require one.
My dealer tried real hard to get me to order a VR1 instead of an XCR because the XCR was more expensive then the VR1 with the added 7S display. But IMO the shock package is the real deal breaker. I can adjust my shocks for the type of riding I do, plus I had a friend that bought a 21 VR1 and the shock valving is too light and bottoms often. I was hoping with all of the 129's being shipped that maybe Polaris would ship a few 128 XCR's :)

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
My dealer tried real hard to get me to order a VR1 instead of an XCR because the XCR was more expensive then the VR1 with the added 7S display. But IMO the shock package is the real deal breaker. I can adjust my shocks for the type of riding I do, plus I had a friend that bought a 21 VR1 and the shock valving is too light and bottoms often. I was hoping with all of the 129's being shipped that maybe Polaris would ship a few 128 XCR's :)
Yea been there done it. Had a 2020 Indy XCR that all the way soft was still firmer than my 2021 VR1. The VR1 bottomed all the time and I weigh 170 fully geared. The xcr would still bottom (the rear) with the shocks cranked all the way up. Hopefully they have the calibrations a little better this year.

I will say my Cat 2018 RXC on full soft was pretty plush and cranked up a bit, I couldn't bottom no matter what I hit. Holes, square edgers, you name it. So I don't know if its shock calibrations or suspension geometry. Just wish cats lost a few lbs, updated tech and seat. until then.........

·
Registered
320 Posts
I am sure a few will make it out soon. I’m surprised we haven’t seen more rmks getting delivered. I only seen 1 person say they got theirs on Facebook

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
My dealer called me this morning and told me that he will apply the $500 towards next year or give me a refund if that's what I want to do. I told him we will see what happens. Love those guys.
Didn't you just buy a back-up sled in case your snow check doesn't come in as early as hope? Why back out now? I think anyone backing out right now is making a knee jerk emotional reaction. Things are not late by any means. Additionally, I find it a positive sign that the sleds being shipped now are not missing parts.

Come late December/early January I think you would really miss not being on the new XCR.....

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Didn't you just buy a back-up sled in case your snow check doesn't come in as early as hope? Why back out now? I think anyone backing out right now is making a knee jerk emotional reaction. Things are not late by any means. Additionally, I find it a positive sign that the sleds being shipped now are not missing parts.

Come late December/early January I think you would really miss not being on the new XCR.....
Never said I was backing out. My guy knows I have a back up sled and was just letting me know that he will do that if something goes bad and they don't show up for some crazy reason mid to late January, then Id rather just try again next year.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Never said I was backing out. My guy knows I have a back up sled and was just letting me know that he will do that if something goes bad and they don't show up for some crazy reason mid to late January, then Id rather just try again next year.
Gotcha. I can't imagine any dealer is going not let someone back out if the sled comes in way late.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Gotcha. I can't imagine any dealer is going not let someone back out if the sled comes in way late.
Agreed, they won’t mind someone backing out. Even that late in the season somebody will come in and pay msrp for it even at the end of the season so they are guaranteed to have a brand new sled to ride the following year instead of risking snow checking.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Years ago I snow checked a sled. Come November 18th I got laid off from GM. My dealer called two weeks later and said your sled is in. I told them what happened and it’s in my best interest to back out. They said sorry to hear that and hope you find a job and there’s no refund (which I didn’t care about as much as how they reacted). I saw they listed the sled for $2000 more and sold it a week later. Now I have been buying from them for 15 years at that point. Never went back for anything ever again and they still try to reach out and get my business along with GM trying to hire me 🖕Pricks!

Thankfully that was all a blessing in disguise as I got a job 2 weeks later where I’m still at and love it while making more money. Found a sweet leftover and had a great winter!

Dealer relationship is important!

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Yea been there done it. Had a 2020 Indy XCR that all the way soft was still firmer than my 2021 VR1. The VR1 bottomed all the time and I weigh 170 fully geared. The xcr would still bottom (the rear) with the shocks cranked all the way up. Hopefully they have the calibrations a little better this year.

I will say my Cat 2018 RXC on full soft was pretty plush and cranked up a bit, I couldn't bottom no matter what I hit. Holes, square edgers, you name it. So I don't know if its shock calibrations or suspension geometry. Just wish cats lost a few lbs, updated tech and seat. until then.........
Holy shit. Softer than a stock 20 Xcr. Wtf. I couldn’t even ride one like that. Unreal. I hope they got thier shit together this year on the Xcr calibrations. I’m very skeptical based on past performance and the amount of guys that cry about aggressive sleds actaully being aggressive. We shall see. I think it has same springs stock as last year so I’m expecting more fake Xcr sleds . Hope I’m wrong. My buddy bought a lynx because it’s billed to be a bump monster. He like me are sick to death of the bullshit mash potatoe skids. So Its no big deal in the big picture but there goes one poo customer because of the sticker kit calibrations of the Xcr. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Holy shit. Softer than a stock 20 Xcr. Wtf. I couldn’t even ride one like that. Unreal. I hope they got thier shit together this year on the Xcr calibrations. I’m very skeptical based on past performance and the amount of guys that cry about aggressive sleds actaully being aggressive. We shall see. I think it has same springs stock as last year so I’m expecting more fake Xcr sleds . Hope I’m wrong. My buddy bought a lynx because it’s billed to be a bump monster. He like me are sick to death of the bullshit mash potatoe skids. So Its no big deal in the big picture but there goes one poo customer because of the sticker kit calibrations of the Xcr. Time will tell.
Yea the 2020 xcr was terrible. Anyone who rides sleds to their or even close to the potential exposed those sleds weaknesses right away. I fought it all season along with the engine running like shit.

the VR1 ran great, but definitely wasn’t for me suspension wise once i hit the rough stuff. The grooming wasn’t very good last winter by us with the covid and broken equipment so we routinely rode beat up trails. We actually ride faster when they’re rough as the sleds we ride USUALLY are made for that and come to life. Well the VR1 isn’t one of them (which they didn’t claim to be either). I counted on a 45 mile ride to get dinner, 37 or so bottoms trying to keep pace with the group. My brother said he bottomed twice on the big drop holes on his RR.

I pray the xcr is an improvement because I like just about everything else about it more and it fits me good.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Years ago I snow checked a sled. Come November 18th I got laid off from GM. My dealer called two weeks later and said your sled is in. I told them what happened and it’s in my best interest to back out. They said sorry to hear that and hope you find a job and there’s no refund (which I didn’t care about as much as how they reacted). I saw they listed the sled for $2000 more and sold it a week later. Now I have been buying from them for 15 years at that point. Never went back for anything ever again and they still try to reach out and get my business along with GM trying to hire me 🖕Pricks!

Thankfully that was all a blessing in disguise as I got a job 2 weeks later where I’m still at and love it while making more money. Found a sweet leftover and had a great winter!

Dealer relationship is important!
Pretty bad. It’s amazing what some can go to bed with at night and sleep.

81 - 100 of 256 Posts