Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 240 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Calltrex Why the 1 inch or so gap in the plywood sheathing on the left wall ?
both walls are like that. ask the factory! they had wood trim strips covering them

i assume they do that to make it easier to cut and install walls. would be hard to make everything fit exact and curves, windows etc

im just going to use aluminum strips instead of there crappy wood strips

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
started painting the front so i could get the box installed and hook the wires up etc.

1 thing leads to another and i did all the walls. haha :buttrock:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
got the 110 plugs installed and done :buttrock:

had to get that done first because it will be hard to work on after i mount the aluminum box there

Attachments

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,229 Posts
Looking good! Thanks for sharing your project.
The white will really help with interior light-projects it better.

I added a wireless remote to my exterior loading lights. If I'm backing up I can hit the remote from truck for just rear lights. I use the light above man door the most. Flip it on as I'm walking up to trailer, illuminates the step & lock. Decent range too.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Great job! Planning on going the same route as you for shore power.

2 questions:

- are you installing any type of a drain in the floor?
- while researching for my own trailer, I found differing opinions regarding the amount of space needed between foam boards and walls due to condensation. What did you decide on this?

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Great job! Planning on going the same route as you for shore power.

2 questions:

- are you installing any type of a drain in the floor?
- while researching for my own trailer, I found differing opinions regarding the amount of space needed between foam boards and walls due to condensation. What did you decide on this?
no drain. will always be parked in may garage. just open the rear door. the heater in my garage happens to be at that corner blowing into my trailer so it will be dried out in no time.

the walls are 1" gap so i used 1" foam. the good thing is the backside of the foam is all foil. So the foil will be against the wall.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I think if your adding insulation to walls/roof, you really DON"T want a gap at all, as a seal against it might prevent the condensation from passing thru it, as it takes air to make the condensation

that is why I was thinking about having the ceiling in my trailer done with spray on foam insulation
as I hate opening trailer up and finding water drops falling like rain, , almost makes you think your trailer isn;t doing what you wanted it too, keep things dry!
I also did a bunch of looking at IN Floor vents
to help get better air flow thru, but so far passed ion them as sort of more worried about bee's/wasp's yellow jackets making a nest inside trailer, as I park trailer near some fruit tree's and always a ton of them suckers looking for a home for winter time as the fruit falls and they eat it!

I think a roof vent , or windows like Caltrex has here is a better idea
as heat rises, so roof vent would move more air out from hot sleds being parked in it, and well windows opened a little would give a real good cross flow of air
way better than just the side wall vents I have now, they maybe work better when traveling, to move air in/out, but IMO don;t do much at all for when parked!

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Finally able to put the box in place :buttrock:

had more strips of aluminum cut today for around the door, etc

got more goodies. some stuff still stuck in mail because of the postal strike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Made access hole in box. Use panel protector. They are used on aluminum boats or pontoons on sharp edges

To protect to wires going through

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
finally got all the walls back up..

took longer then i thought it would

just have to finish all the trim and paint

and the roof :wall:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
installed fan on the front vent to suck out

made previsions for the vent at rear to have another fan sucking fresh air into trailer so they can work together

control both up front with switches

mesh screens to keep any small bugs out in summer

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Installed battery level indicator outside the box so i always know if its fully charged.

Can look at it anytime :thumbsup:.

Did you install a battery shutoff switch so things like this don't have a constant draw and drain the batt?

41 - 60 of 240 Posts