Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, it is this Saturday. How is it? Is it a true auction. Looking for something to do & wondering if it's worth the drive from Howell. Not really in the market for another sled, but they have quads, boats, ice fishing gear, parts. Not sure if it's good or some white trash flee market????

·
Registered
469 Posts
It's fun to see all the old sleds. I wouldn't buy a sled there unless it was new. A lot of our local dealers take all of their problem sleds there and unload them. Everything is sold as is and all you can do is start the engine. If you are not doing anything it is worth going to at least once.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have done both buy/sell there. Had good experiences both times. Bought a used sled and it was a good one. A lot of the owners hang out by their sleds so you can ask them questions. You can start them and check them out all you want before they sell. It is a good time and something to see at least once!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Been there several times,bought 2 new sleds there too. Its a good time,but its really big,so you need to get there by 7:30 or 8 am.I think the rings start at 10 and there are 3.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Its a real organized auction, they always have lots of sleds. I've been going there with my dad since i was a kid and used to start every sled that ran. I planned on going saturday but i will be sawcutting 12,000 square feet of concrete fun shit let me tell you.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Its a real organized auction, they always have lots of sleds. I've been going there with my dad since i was a kid and used to start every sled that ran. I planned on going saturday but i will be sawcutting 12,000 square feet of concrete fun shit let me tell you.[/b]

Sounds familiar. I did the same thing back in the day when my dad used to take me up there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I"ve been there several times. Sold a couple sleds and bought 4 or 5. Got to bring cash or certified cashiers check to take home a sled. Otherwise, must go back in middle of week or weekend to pick up. Look a sled over real close can be some dogs. There are many sleds 1 to 3 years old and some new ones. They had a much a ski-doo rev 2005 last year from Canada but their speedmeters were turned back to zero. They look in good shape probaly rentals, but I didn"t like the idea of setting the speedo back. My Son bought a 2006 Rev 800 and had no problem with it. A couple years ago he bought a 800 TripleCat but turned out to be a 600. They auctioned it as a 800. He was a little up set but no recourse you bid to you own it. Sled didn"t last long he totaled it the next weekend. So not sure how good it was. I bought two sleds to resell. Big mistake got my money back on one and lost about $300 on the other. It took two seasons to unload them. If you are looking for a sled take a pad and write down the numbers of the ones you like and notes on the condition, because things move fast there when the bidding starts. I went for coffee and got back and my son said they were bidding on a sled we liked. He said "Dad thats the one that is 2 yrs old with no miles". I jumped in the bidding with out checking my sheet and soon owned a 2yr old sled with 6000 miles. Lesson learned. IF I was looking for a new sled a year old good place to buy and save money. Also they have a early aution inside selling misc stuff cheap kinda fun also. There is a snowmoble appareal shop also with jackets and helmets. GOod way to spend a day. Get there early.

·
Registered
550 Posts
where is the white star auction at ?????? thunder cat 49[/b]
bronson michigan i believe. by mis speedway.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Its off of US-12 West of Coldwater in Bronson Mi... 671 WEST CHICAGO ROAD, BRONSON, MICHIGAN 49028

http://www.snowmobileauction.com/

DIRECTIONS:

The White Star Snowmobile Auction facility is located in south central Michigan,

close to major interstate highways I-69, I-80/90, and I-94.

The auction facility is one mile east of Bronson, Michigan on US12,

or 12 miles west of Coldwater, Michigan on US12.

THE ADDRESS IS 671 WEST CHICAGO ROAD (US-12) BRONSON, MICHIGAN.

There are two large brown buildings with WHITE STAR MOTORSPORTS AUCTIONS

on the front. Branch County Sheriff Department personnel will be directing traffic

on auction day, so you can not miss us.
We are right next to the corn fields, and across the road from Bill's Steak House Restaurant!!

Watch for the parking signs--14 acres for all free parking--

See you at the auction!

·
Registered
100 Posts
It is not far from me, my sled came from there in a way, my 98 Trail 488 was purchased for $2275 2 years ago, I bought it for $1500.00 from the auction buyer, no problems with reg, I just brought along a bill of sale, plus his old auction reciepts, with real low miles, looks like new too.

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
i'll be there looking for a sled for my wife. anyone else going?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Great selection. January is when dealers start dumping sled trades and new old inventory there at no reserve many times.
Be careful there is a lot of worn out rental sleds there.
Get there early in the morning to inspect them closely if you are buying. Makes for a long day but well worth the time.
I bought a nice low mile sled there for a great price several years ago.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.