Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what white lake is like, safe yet or not even close because of the rain and warm weather?

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Froze, but it's liable to have ruts and all manner of chop from the sleds riding it in the warm weather. So if a speed run is the idea, go down C-19, take the left off C-19 south into Westward Shores campground, follow the signs right out to Ossipee Lake, jump out there 2,000' or so, and bear diagonally left towards the eastern shore of Ossipee Lake, there's a point of land you'll see clearly. Pass that point at about 500' out and run the eastern shore of the lake down until you can see "the channel", turn around and have your speed fix on the way back. You're in no more than 5' of water the whole way except for one section. It's all smooth.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Froze, but it's liable to have ruts and all manner of chop from the sleds riding it in the warm weather. So if a speed run is the idea, go down C-19, take the left off C-19 south into Westward Shores campground, follow the signs right out to Ossipee Lake, jump out there 2,000' or so, and bear diagonally left towards the eastern shore of Ossipee Lake, there's a point of land you'll see clearly. Pass that point at about 500' out and run the eastern shore of the lake down until you can see "the channel", turn around and have your speed fix on the way back. You're in no more than 5' of water the whole way except for one section. It's all smooth.[/b]
ot, have you ever been on this lake before???

·
Registered
653 Posts
6'' ish new today, still snowing moderate. just talked to someone in conway.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
ot, have you ever been on this lake before???[/b]
Um...yeah? I crossed the very middle myself 4 days before the rain we got ..If you hug the eastern shore, say no more than 500' out or so, you're in comparatively shallow water. The crossing from Westward shores to the point of land I mentioned takes you over a section of deeper water, but you have to do it that way to avoid the Silver River channel to the left (east) of Westward shores by a few thousand feet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts