Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you guys turning your selds white? By that i mean are you buying new plastics, or painting them?? I would like to do this to mine in the future so any help would be much apreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
786 bottles of white out.............................................................................
..stay with the orange, just strip the decals and she'll look way better than a white sled

·
Registered
353 Posts
They paint them white and they are UGLY IMO. I don't mean any disrespect to the guys who have gone through the trouble pf painting them up white - there are some guys who have done a great job. I just think white would be the LAST color I choose when going that route.

At any rate....they PAINT them......

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, thanks guys. Why do you guys dislike them so much? I think they look cool and different. Do they look like shit in person or something? just curious?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
okay, thanks guys. Why do you guys dislike them so much? I think they look cool and different. Do they look like shit in person or something? just curious?[/b]
if by different you mean the same then yes they do look "different".

- ANOTHER white firecat.... :whistle:

·
Registered
675 Posts
okay, thanks guys. Why do you guys dislike them so much? I think they look cool and different. Do they look like shit in person or something? just curious?[/b]
Make your sled your own and don't follow what someone else has done already.

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
I get PMed weekly about how I painted my belly pans, I have been copying and pasting how on A Chat, If you really want to know I will pm you but if you dont already have the materials on the shelf its not going to be cost effient for you, To do it right, I have not had any problems but this is only my 2nd yr with them, the plus side is no more exhaust stains on the rt side, It just wipes off with a towel after you are done riding. Heres what it looked like last yr and this yr now

·
Registered
927 Posts
wow now that sled is awesome, all you need is white C&A's and it would look sweet!

·
Registered
289 Posts
The white fighter is sick looking IMO. To do it right it will be costly like hoeve said. Automotive paint is not cheap, and the prep work has to be done correctly for it to last.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
if by different you mean the same then yes they do look "different".
- ANOTHER white firecat.... :whistle:[/b]
To a point I completely agree with you.....but seriuosly ask your self. When you have been out riding how many White Fcats have you actually seen?

Me personally = ZERO

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Exactly, where i live, i have NEVER seen a white firecat. Who cares if someone already has a white one, there isnt one around here. Id say go for it if you want to do it!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree, how many white firecat are there out there not many. a hell of a lot less than green,orange,red or black. I painted the hood at a local body shop. I would not let anyone sway you on what you want to do. I have never seen another white one.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Now all you gotta do is get rid of those yellow springs and that thing would be kick ass. If not white what color would you do? I agree ive never seen a white firecat besides on here.

Personally i would do a red sled ;)

But i might be a little partial

·
Registered
295 Posts
Bought my sled last november with 817 miles, I painted the hood my own custom mix of ice white and repainted the beak jet black. Then I gave all my suspension to my powdercoater and had it done in black and white. Next I will be getting my seat done, 3 inches of foam added and seat covered in white and black.

I have black and white handgaurds I still have to put on, along with black headlight covers and a 4-wheel kit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
To a point I completely agree with you.....but seriuosly ask your self. When you have been out riding how many White Fcats have you actually seen?

Me personally = ZERO[/b]
Please pm me aswell on how that paint is done.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts