·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1998 Polaris xlt classic. 2002 polaris indy 500
3 Posts
I know this post is crazy old, but you aren't kidding about it being a hard part to find lol. I've been searching every inch, nook and cranny of the internet and I cant find it. I've messages about 10 different ebay sellers who were selling the 6 pulse ones, to see if they had any 2 pulse and came up empty.

·
Registered
40,342 Posts
I know this post is crazy old, but you aren't kidding about it being a hard part to find lol. I've been searching every inch, nook and cranny of the internet and I cant find it. I've messages about 10 different ebay sellers who were selling the 6 pulse ones, to see if they had any 2 pulse and came up empty.
Yep, 2 pulse 5'' whiteface tachs are pretty scarce. Apparently one was recently sold on eBay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, 2 pulse 5'' whiteface tachs are pretty scarce. Apparently one was recently sold on eBay.
Oh really? Every link I found on Google for it, said no longer available when I clicked on it. But I found my way to an online store(that I've never heard of, but it looked legit. I used paypal tho, just in case) and I put the part number into the search bar and the part popped up, but wouldnt show me the price until I added it to my cart. I'm not sure if they really have it or if they can get their hands on it, but I went ahead and ordered it. They only wanted $35 for it, which really surprised me. With shipping and tax it was 45. Hopefully the right one will show up lol. I will post if it does come, that way if anyone else is looking for one. My sled is an 02 indy 500 with the fuji 488, and the part number for the tach with white face/black lettering is 2873278 in case anyone is wondering/looking for the same tach

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Its funny how some parts are impossible to find for years ,and then after its almost totally obsolete somebody finds a truck load of them.Ive seen it happen before

·
Registered
40,342 Posts
Oh really? Every link I found on Google for it, said no longer available when I clicked on it. But I found my way to an online store(that I've never heard of, but it looked legit. I used paypal tho, just in case) and I put the part number into the search bar and the part popped up, but wouldnt show me the price until I added it to my cart. I'm not sure if they really have it or if they can get their hands on it, but I went ahead and ordered it. They only wanted $35 for it, which really surprised me. With shipping and tax it was 45. Hopefully the right one will show up lol. I will post if it does come, that way if anyone else is looking for one. My sled is an 02 indy 500 with the fuji 488, and the part number for the tach with white face/black lettering is 2873278 in case anyone is wondering/looking for the same tach
I just happened to put a search online yesterday for that part number after you posted....it did come up on eBay, but when i checked out page it said it was already sold. I tried more searches but turned up nothing, just plenty of the newer 6 pulse or older tachs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just happened to put a search online yesterday for that part number after you posted....it did come up on eBay, but when i checked out page it said it was already sold. I tried more searches but turned up nothing, just plenty of the newer 6 pulse or older tachs.
Yeah, same here. I got excited when the ad for it on ebay came up after I had put the last number in Google and when I clicked it, it wasnt there anymore. Itd be nice if it wouldnt even show in the results if it's not available lol.

I've been doing ALOT of googling and Ebay searching lately. Not just for the tach, but for my wife's sled too. I havent snowmobiled since I was 15 (so almost 20 years ago... god I'm getting old lol) but I've been wanting to for a long time. Finally I talked the wife into buying us a pair of sleds. We got lucky and found a 02 indy 500 and a 98 xlt classic that came with a 2001 enclosed Triton trailer(with the ramp that goes on the back and front of the trailer). Got all 3 for 3 grand. But I wanted to go through both sleds before winter and change chaincase fluid, check the tension of the chain, check the condition of the belt, the brakes etc. The master cylinder was all sorts of corroded and gummed up so I took it off and apart and inside of the master, it looks like someone sprayed plasti dip all over the inside and outside of it, because theres a bunch of it flaking off. I took the brake line off and it was clogged up by the plastidip. Which makes sense why I couldnt squeeze the handle much at all. But I tried to loosen the bleeder screw on the caliper and snapped it off :/ then when I tried to drill it out and retap it, I crack the aluminium body.. thankfully I was able to find a pretty cheap used replacement on ebay lol. I ordered new orings and seals for the master too. I ordered a new seat cover from Ebay as well. Ebay has been awesome for finding replacement parts for sure! It's just been too hot out to work on it lately, even in my garage with an exhaust fan and regular fan blowing on me lol

·
Registered
40,342 Posts
Yeah, same here. I got excited when the ad for it on ebay came up after I had put the last number in Google and when I clicked it, it wasnt there anymore. Itd be nice if it wouldnt even show in the results if it's not available lol.

I've been doing ALOT of googling and Ebay searching lately. Not just for the tach, but for my wife's sled too. I havent snowmobiled since I was 15 (so almost 20 years ago... god I'm getting old lol) but I've been wanting to for a long time. Finally I talked the wife into buying us a pair of sleds. We got lucky and found a 02 indy 500 and a 98 xlt classic that came with a 2001 enclosed Triton trailer(with the ramp that goes on the back and front of the trailer). Got all 3 for 3 grand. But I wanted to go through both sleds before winter and change chaincase fluid, check the tension of the chain, check the condition of the belt, the brakes etc. The master cylinder was all sorts of corroded and gummed up so I took it off and apart and inside of the master, it looks like someone sprayed plasti dip all over the inside and outside of it, because theres a bunch of it flaking off. I took the brake line off and it was clogged up by the plastidip. Which makes sense why I couldnt squeeze the handle much at all. But I tried to loosen the bleeder screw on the caliper and snapped it off :/ then when I tried to drill it out and retap it, I crack the aluminium body.. thankfully I was able to find a pretty cheap used replacement on ebay lol. I ordered new orings and seals for the master too. I ordered a new seat cover from Ebay as well. Ebay has been awesome for finding replacement parts for sure! It's just been too hot out to work on it lately, even in my garage with an exhaust fan and regular fan blowing on me lol
Back in the day when we had 440 and 500 indys we swapped out those crappy polaris master cylinders for a wildwood one. Pretty sure we got them from wahl brothers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts