Hardcore Sledder banner

Carburetor Or Electronic Fuel Injenction?

• I don't own a Firecat, but when I buy one it will be carb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't own a Firecat, but when I buy one it will be EFI

• I wasn't very pleased with EFI, better make it it carb

• I wasn't very pleased with carb, better make it EFI

• Heard of too many problems with EFI, make it carb

• Carbs are more reliable, more peformance from EFI

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I love my carburators because I like being able to change things. It makes for one more variable to deal with when racing which keeps it interesting. My brother is on his second EFI and all I can tell you is that if you mostly trail ride the EFi is the only way to go. He put 7000 trouble free miles on his last EFI. It always started on the second pull. The best things is no choke you just pull and walk away. It always runs perfect no matter the conditions. I would choose according to what you are going to do with the sled. From my exsperience you shouldn't have any reliability problems with the EFI.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm the same "Carbs" due to the fact I like racing and getting perfomance out of the sled.
I had a 98 ZR 600efi and did not like it just because of that fact, so I had to spend 300+ on chips to get what I wanted. I supose if you like the reliability of the EFI go with that, it starts every time and always runs safe.

·
Registered
986 Posts
EFI hate to give up 2 HP to own the carb & then work to gain it back

·
Registered
986 Posts
EFI hate to give up 2 HP to own the carb & then work to gain it back

·
Registered
221 Posts
FYI, Just got back from northern Ontario ride. One morning, woke up to -37Celsius. MY f-7 EFI, 3 pulls and she fired right up. Buddies carbed 900, 12 pulls, no luck. Took out plugs, got a new set, then 4 more pulls and she started. Buddy had a sore shoulder all day. Later in week temp was 5Celsius, My f-7 Consistent no matter what, Buddies 900 was running like a tired dog at that temp. Why mess with carbs when EFI is so much more reliable!!! My .02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts