Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sabercat 700 and was wondering if I should change the track to hook up more. I'm running 102 studs on the regular 1" lug track and spun the track alot last season, do I add more studs to the one I have? or do I shoot for a ripsaw or snopro track w/studs. I do mostly trail riding but I like to rip it up on the lake too! (Gotta keep up w/ brother-in-laws F7)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
As you can see to the left, I have an 04 F6 EFI snopro with a 1.375" track. My dad has a 04 SaberCat 600 EFI. Basicly the same sled but it has a 1" track. You can feel a noticeable difference between the two. Ah, what else can I say, it's just better.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ripsaw is 1.25 but I didn't know if it would make that much of a difference over the 1". That's why I was thinking of the snopro.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Dont quote me on this but i think that a Rip saw 1.25 would hook up better than the sno pro 1.375 because its not much of a differnece and the Rip saws have an awsome design, they hook up very good

But if you just ride trails and lakes i would say just add some picks to you track, if you get bigger than a 1 inch and all you do is ride trails it will start to make the ride rougher, and the bigger the track the slowwer you will go accrost a lake thats if your comparing it to the 1 inch and bolth hook up the same :div20:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was kinda worried about top end on the lake with the snopro. But I'm not always just on ice. The lake usually has a good 10-12" of snow on it where we race.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the 1 inch track and I have 170 studs. It that track doesn't spin at all.
My friends f6 has 102, and it didn't hook up at all. So I'd go with 170.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Originally posted by saberchap@Sep 25 2005, 07:50 PM
ripsaw is 1.25 but I didn't know if it would make that much of a difference over the 1".  That's why I was thinking of the snopro.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=892215
[/quote]
1.25" is night and day better than a 1". a 1.375" is even better!

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Originally posted by jet@Sep 25 2005, 09:00 PM
1.375 track rules

It's mandatory on all new sleds from now on for this guy :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=892394
[/quote]

You sould try the attck20 in hillclimb. Rip your arms off out of the hole. Still see 105 on the lake too.

Any how I did try a crossfire with the rip saw type track. It hooks up realy realy well on hard pack. With 153 1.625" studs it would make a nice lake running track and all around trail track. See the weight you add to your track with studs will slow you down too. It is what ever your riding style and what you feel good about riding.

I just love the 0-60 for get about the 110+ mph.

That is me.........

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by Zert Man@Sep 25 2005, 07:57 PM
Dont quote me on this but i think that a Rip saw 1.25 would hook up better than the sno pro 1.375 because its not much of a differnece and the Rip saws have an awsome design, they hook up very good
But if you just ride trails and lakes i would say just add some picks to you track, if you get bigger than a 1 inch and all you do is ride trails it will start to make the ride rougher, and the bigger the track the slowwer you will go accrost a lake thats if your comparing it to the 1 inch and bolth hook up the same :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=892233
[/quote]
What he said, if you want better traction and all you ride is groomed trails and on lakes, then don't put in a 1.375 track. Take out the 102 studs that you have now and put in 102 1.175 and try that, I bet it makes a world of difference on a groomed trail, especially for small drag races with your buddy. But if your conditions that you ride in are always soft, then don't do that and by the bigger lug track, just realize you will lose top end.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts