Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 500ss and after hearing the pros and cons about studding, I've decided to do it. I ride in VT, ME and NH where they have alot of roadcrossings and I don't want to have problems with studs coming out or bending. I know I can't "get on it" when I cross roads or on rough terrain but what studs would you guys recommend that will last. I'm planning on installing 96.

·
Registered
76 Posts
go with Stud boys 1.375". I put them on my 500ss last year and they hook up great and out of 144 im only replacing 20 of them do to bending and they were on the outsides. I run them hard also. I put on 1120 miles last season from january to april.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by snowfreak1@Oct 4 2005, 03:02 PM
go with Stud boys 1.375". I put them on my 500ss last year and they hook up great and out of 144 im only replacing 20 of them do to bending and they were on the outsides. I run them hard also. I put on 1120 miles last season from january to april.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=907938
[/quote]
Seams that stud length is a bit long for a 1" lug. Maybe thats why you bent 20. Or do you have a after market track?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'd go with Woodys or Stud Boy. For a 1" track use 1.175" studs, if its a 1.25" I'd go with 1.375" studs. If running 96 go with double backers (2 studs per backer) and run them all down the center.

No matter what brand you go with stay with 5/16" studs (stay away fron cheap 7 mm studs) and get studs that have a 1" head and a shoulder so nut bottoms out and doesn't get over tightened. :div20:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by Bumpy@Oct 4 2005, 03:42 PM
Seams that stud length is a bit long for a 1" lug. Maybe thats why you bent 20. Or do you have a after market track?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=908050
[/quote]

Thats on a 1" track and the only reason why i bent those 20 studs is bad conditions and I raced them alot last season. but they hooked up great though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts