Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering if I can use NGK plugs in the 08 IQ Shift; specifically the BR9ES.

Thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm..

I contacted the dealer and they advised me that the sled has the Champion RN57YCC, and this is the only plug preferred in the sled (AND IS ONLY SOLD AT POLARIS DEALERSHIPS).

However, if I have to run anything but the Champion, I shoudl only run NGK, then use BPR9ES.

With that said, do you think he's pulling my led, and that I should be okay running NGK's BPR9ES?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hmmm..

I contacted the dealer and they advised me that the sled has the Champion RN57YCC, and this is the only plug preferred in the sled (AND IS ONLY SOLD AT POLARIS DEALERSHIPS).

However, if I have to run anything but the Champion, I shoudl only run NGK, then use BPR9ES.

With that said, do you think he's pulling my led, and that I should be okay running NGK's BPR9ES?[/b]
Our IQ440s call for RN57YCCs and we run BPR9ES in them and havent had any trouble with them. So you should be fine, also the Avalanche Racing team runs BPR9ES in there IQ440s. I have heard too much about champion plugs shitting the bed and having the procelain break off causing catostrophic failure...

·
Premium Member
2,375 Posts
My mechanic (dealer) put NGK's in. Yes you can run them. I am going into my secon season with them, no problems.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Why not stick with the Champion RN57YCC that it comes with and that is recommended. You can buy them at a lot of places, not just the dealer. I don't want to start an argument over plug brands but I've had problems with NGK in the past but never with Champions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why not stick with the Champion RN57YCC that it comes with and that is recommended. You can buy them at a lot of places, not just the dealer. I don't want to start an argument over plug brands but I've had problems with NGK in the past but never with Champions.[/b]
I also have had problems with the NGK's on previous sleds. Have never tried them in my current Fusion but I've never had any problems with the Champion RN57YCC which is why I felt no need to try the NGKs again.

G

·
BR9ES means RESISTOR TYPE.......BPR9ES means same plug but PLATINUM ELECTRODE.......the electrode length is determined by the S i believe so both are the same.....you could run a BR9EVA if you want to race....but i went to a BR9ES myself as it last longer and take more WOT before distorting out of specs.....you really should get the SPARK PLUG BIBLE which says what each number and letter means

·
Registered
666 Posts
BR9ES means RESISTOR TYPE.......BPR9ES means same plug but PLATINUM ELECTRODE.......the electrode length is determined by the S i believe so both are the same.....you could run a BR9EVA if you want to race....but i went to a BR9ES myself as it last longer and take more WOT before distorting out of specs.....you really should get the SPARK PLUG BIBLE which says what each number and letter means[/b]
B=14mm thread diameter
R=Resistor Type
9=Heat Rating (2=HOT 11=COLD)
ES=Standard 3/4” Thread Reach, (2.5mm) center electrode

B=14mm thread diameter
P=Projected Insulator Type
R=Resistor Type
ES=Standard 3/4” Thread Reach, (2.5mm) center electrode

B=14mm thread diameter
R=Resistor Type
E=Standard 3/4” Thread Reach
VA=NO SUCH LISTING
VX=High performance platinum

All that being said, BIG difference between BPR and BR, check out Http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/docs/tech/Rac...pplications.pdf for more information.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I get the Champs for $2.25ea. at my local auto parts store. I never buy them from the stealer...they want $5 ea.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Why not stick with the Champion RN57YCC that it comes with and that is recommended. You can buy them at a lot of places, not just the dealer. I don't want to start an argument over plug brands but I've had problems with NGK in the past but never with Champions.[/b]
I have to agree. My Fusion is the first sled I have ever run Champions in and I have yet to have a problem with them. Not that I ever really had a problem with the NGK's either.
I was told that the NGK's were a close match to the RN57YCC's but not exactly the same. Anyway, I like the Champions. JM2C.

·
Registered
423 Posts
if you are hell bent on using the NGK's, it's okay. but typically we like to stick the brand plug that the sled came with. in this case the champs. I thought you were asking more from a "what else can I use" point of view. if you are looking for recommmendations, I recommend that you stay with the champ plugs.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the replies all. I'll likely just buy a few plugs from the dealer, but buy the BPR9ES's for emergency. There's really no where around where I sled that carry Champions, just NGK's.

Off to pick up the sled!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I just picked up a shift this morning, great sled!!! I was riding it around and it kept wanting to bog down, put in new plugs (bpr9es) and it was like a hole different sled, a huge difference. I checked the champions and they werent fouled either.

·
Registered
786 Posts
NGK stands for "No Good Kind" Stick with the "Champs" :yelrotflmao:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts