Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my Hyfax (slides etc) and runners before I store my sled for the summer. What side is it safe to tip the F7 on to do this, so I don't get air in the coolant?

Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I don't know where you are from, but I just bought a motorcycle/atv jack from Sears for $100. It is great. It can easily be modified to pick the sled up from the frame on either side and lifts it up which makes for great access to the skis and track and belly pan. I love it. It is so nice to be able to lift the whole sled up to wok on it and check all the components out. It is definately worth the $100. But VFR is right. tip it on the clutch left side.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Just checking. I will look into the Sears Stand, thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
hay mike,
this is just a thought... why not wait until fall,
and you can get the shock's rebuilt too.
i allways get mine done right before,
the start of winter.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, but one less thing to do in the fall. The faster the sled is ready, the faster I can ride when the snow falls.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Originally posted by kodiakman76@Mar 23 2003, 10:38 AM
I don't know where you are from, but I just bought a motorcycle/atv jack from Sears for $100. It is great. It can easily be modified to pick the sled up from the frame on either side and lifts it up which makes for great access to the skis and track and belly pan. I love it. It is so nice to be able to lift the whole sled up to wok on it and check all the components out. It is definately worth the $100. But VFR is right. tip it on the clutch left side.
I think I know the stand you speak of, could you post a pic of the mods if possible?

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I think you are suppose to rebuild your shocks in the Spring. That way there is no water in the shocks, so they won't rust. But if your sled is not off the ground during the summer, I would do it in the fall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts