Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYONE TRYED THE 800-925 SPEEDWERX SINGLE ON A BIKEMAN F8?
I THOUGHT I READ SOME PEOPLE ARE RUNNING THEM.
WHAT ARE THE GAINS ON THE DYNO OR IN THE FIELD?
THANKS

·
Registered
156 Posts
We did test one and it is an improvement over the stock pipe with our bmp 800 kit. But our big bore pipe mod did work better with our Bikeman F8 porting package. We picked up 5 ft/lbs of torque and 5-6 hp peak over the stock pipe with our F8 package. And it's only $179 to get it done to your pipe.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
I put a set of D&D monster twins on my sled. Made a big difference. Not sure about the singles though.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by mtrgrdr@Sep 6 2005, 10:59 PM
We did test one and it is an improvement over the stock pipe with our bmp 800 kit.  But our big bore pipe mod did work better with our Bikeman F8 porting package.  We picked up 5 ft/lbs of torque and 5-6 hp peak over the stock pipe with our F8 package.  And it's only $179 to get it done to your pipe.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=863666
[/quote]

YOU TESTED THE 800-925 SPEEDWERX...DO YOU REMEMBER THE GAINS ?
THE 5FT/LBS AND 5 HPW YOU GAINED...WAS IT A STOCK F7 PIPE MODDED BY BIKEMAN. ?
ALSO ,DID YOUR MOTOR HAVE EXTRA PORTING THAN THE PORTING THAT ALREADY COMES WITH THE STANDARD BMP F8 KIT?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Different motors like different stuff . The SPX pipe might be the hot ticket with their motor but not so good with the BMP . :dunno:

Kinda like putting your cup under the soda pop machine and taking a splash of 10 different kinds in the same cup . When there all mixed together it might not taste too good . :smilielol:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dead1Dave: I have a 2004 F7 sno pro carb. I am looking at getting an F8 kit. Which one is the best to go with? The bikeman or D&D? What pipes go good with them? What else would be good to add to that to go faster?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Originally posted by ricor2008@Sep 8 2005, 08:56 PM
Dead1Dave: I have a 2004 F7 sno pro carb. I am looking at getting an F8 kit. Which one is the best to go with? The bikeman or D&D? What pipes go good with them? What else would be good to add to that to go faster?
Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866658
[/quote]
I hate to not give a straight answer but I have only had experience with the D&D motors . Although Looneytune as well as many others had BMP F8's that worked real nice . You could do a search on this and maybe get a more unbiased opinion . Whatever you decide I like the idea of using that builders total package ..........pipe , jetting specs, clutching , etc this way there's only one person to talk to if it doesn't run good .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Sep 8 2005, 09:10 PM
I hate to not give a straight answer but I have only had experience with the D&D motors . Although Looneytune as well as many others had BMP F8's that worked real nice . You could do a search on this and maybe get a more unbiased opinion . Whatever you decide I like the idea of using that builders total package ..........pipe , jetting specs, clutching , etc this way there's only one person to talk to if it doesn't run good .
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866692
[/quote]

D1D, you are soo right about staying with one program. I've been doing this mod-motor thing since the early 80's, using one source is so important because I have seen instances where only twenty thou of port timing will not work with a given pipe combo. Stay with one set-up unless you know for relative certainty that a mix works. I have a lot of confidence in our BMP stuff, AND I know the D&D stuff works as well. Well said Dave!

grinder

·
Registered
170 Posts
yes i live in rangeley. Why?? DeadDave: Where did u get ur stickers on ur light cover? HOW did u like ur D&D F8 kit? WHy u get rid of it? what pipes u have on it? I know my F7 should beat any sled around, but I want to make it rip even faster? What else should I put on it?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Originally posted by ricor2008@Sep 10 2005, 03:32 PM
yes i live in rangeley. Why?? DeadDave: Where did u get ur stickers on ur light cover? HOW did u like ur D&D F8 kit? WHy u get rid of it? what pipes u have on it? I know my F7 should beat any sled around, but I want to make it rip even faster? What else should I put on it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=868802
[/quote]
Sold the f8 to go for the f9 ss . F8 ran awsome though . Had both single and twins on it . I plan to stick with single because of the quiet sound level "stealth mode " :div20:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dave: did the twin pipes vs the single have a big power difference? how fast did ur f8 go? u had D&D pipes right? where did u get ur stickers on ur light covers? I want 2 get a can, what should I get? i ride private land, which one is the loudest wit best tone? MBRP, or rumble pack? if i get one does it harm the engine at all? can u just take the can of whenever when u wanna be stock? I have an F7 carb

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
ricor2008...

We ride and race on the lake all day saturday, and have houses on Mingo Loop.. Jut wondering.. GF7PE wanted to know also, so he knows when he blows by you.
Dan

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dave: did the twin pipes vs the single have a big power difference? how fast did ur f8 go? u had D&D pipes right? where did u get ur stickers on ur light covers? I want 2 get a can, what should I get? i ride private land, which one is the loudest wit best tone? MBRP, or rumble pack? if i get one does it harm the engine at all? can u just take the can of whenever when u wanna be stock? I have an F7 carb.

Or anyone that KNOWS?????

·
Registered
170 Posts
does a can hurt the engine at all? is it safe 2 change the can whenever i want 2 ride with the stock one, and then go back 2 the other one???

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dave: did the twin pipes vs the single have a big power difference? how fast did ur f8 go? u had D&D pipes right? where did u get ur stickers on ur light covers?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts